“Impressed”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 108
Transit: During the Winter season the Stowe Trolley stops at Charlie B"s.
Description: This fun, vibrant restaurant is a Stowe tradition with a festive atmosphere. Celebrate Vermont, in our friendly cozy bar abundant with your favorite wines by the glass, martinis, and local beers. Cozy full size high-back booths and fireside tables are perfect for couples night out and lively family excursions. Share a slice of Vermont with delicious, mouthwatering American and Spa Cuisine created with many locally grown and produced foods. Choices include a Grilled Cajun Ribeye, Seared Crab Cakes, Fish & Chips and a Kid-approved menu. Summer brings deck dining and winter, apres ski and live music on select weekends.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had dinner here during our stay in Stowe, and were very happy with both the food and service. Friendly staff can make a place. I had swordfish steak with wild rice and asparagus. It was GREAT. Unlike too many place in the US it was also not an over-full plate. Thank goodness some places are getting a grip on portion sizes!

1  Thank Arncliffegirl

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at Stoweflake Inn on the busiest weekend of the season. Concierge said that with two hours notice there was a very finite amount of restaurant availability. We were told that there was a new chef and the menu was better. We were seated right away. It is a pub style restaurant with a bar in the middle and tables and booths surrounding that. I did enjoy the large screen TV which had the baseball playoff game on(muted so I did not have to listen to the awful network commentators). There was entertainment on the evening we wee there (Saturday). There was a guitar player singing with a very nice selection of tunes. He even sang the theme to Monty Pythons meaning of life. The food and service was very good. The concierge suggested that we try the specials which were usually good. I ordered the Turkey dinner which was very good. My wife had the wiener schnitzel which she was pleased with. We had warm rolls and butter before the meal as well. For dessert I had the apple galette which is a patry puff filled with apples and topped with Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream. I would recommend the restaurant and my meal/dessert.

1  Thank David D
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I shared a haddock and chips plate. It was very good and filling. We sat on the deck since the weather was perfect. The waitress was quite nice and helpful.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a fantastic meal there (prime rib was outstanding). Sat at the bar while waiting and the staff was very friendly. Went back for drinks a second evening and sat outside by the fire and enjoyed the quiet.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

stopped for a quick bite and brew during the British Invasion car show in Sept 2013. Had a beer at the bar, shared some appitizers, people were great, the bartender, servers and patrons