“There are other places in Stowe so much better.”
Review of Charlie B's

Charlie B's
Ranked #45 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 108
Transit: During the Winter season the Stowe Trolley stops at Charlie B"s.
Description: This fun, vibrant restaurant is a Stowe tradition with a festive atmosphere. Celebrate the trendy side of Vermont in our friendly cozy bar abundant with your favorite wines by the glass, martinis, and local beers. Cozy full size high-back booths and fireside tables are perfect for couples night out and lively family excursions. Share a slice of Vermont with delicious, mouthwatering American and Spa Cuisine created with many locally grown and produced foods. Choices include Angus Beef Steaks, delicious and filling entree size salads, mouthwatering seafood and Cabot Mac & Cheese on a Kid-approved menu. Summer brings deck dining and winter, apres ski and live music on select weekends.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a party of 8 and it took about 45 minutes for our food to arrive. Then one chicken dish was undercooked. When it came back out half the chicken that was there was gone. Not good service either, our water glasses sat unfilled for a while. No one's dish was really worth the price.

There are newer reviews for Charlie B's

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food was home made, and almost melted in your mouth. Different, and delicious. Awesome Pulled pork, and My wife, had a Bacon, lettuce, tomato, with fresh tuna, and bacon. It was awesome.

1  Thank britewally
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Living in northern VT, we've been to Charlie B's countless times in all seasons and always enjoyed it - until 7/7/13. I sincerely hope this was a "one off" and they'll get their act together - but this one needs to be talked about!
We arrived around 2 p.m. (after the lunch rush) and were seated on the deck as requested. After at least 5 minutes, a young Oriental man brought water and I asked for the list of wines by the glass. As his English was almost non-existent, I had to explain a couple of times, and he brought what I wanted. Another 5 minutes or more and our server appeared to offer drinks (by now we'd been seated 10-15 minutes with no service). They were out of the wine I wanted, so I made a second choice and after a few more minutes we got drinks.
We ordered the Duck Ninja Roll for an appetizer - we always do, as it's unique and exceptionally good. It was still delicious, although the duck in the center of the roll was a bit dry and crumbly, as it lacked the usual touch of spicy sauce holding it together. And we had to ask for small plates, rather than trying to both eat off the service platter. When my partner suggested the cheese plate as well, I reminded him that it was heavily weighted toward spicy cheeses (pepper jack, horseradish, etc.) and our server made no offer to see what else might be available.
We both ordered spare ribs; each plate arrived as a single slab dripping with sauce, and resting rather precariously atop a full-plate layer of french fries. The serving was generous, but left no space to cut meat, or discard either fat or bones. AND we were offered no sharp knives - just the tableware that was on the table when we sat down. We asked for sharp knives (the response was, "I think I can find some") and extra napkins. We got hefty steak knives (perfect!) and "prepared bone bowls" - bowls too small for the bones, with 2 small paper cocktail-size napkins. The ribs were perfection - succulent, meltingly tender, and with plenty of tasty sauce; Charlie B's always makes outstanding fries, so we were very happy with the food.
Eventually we asked for the check, and my partner asked for a refill on his iced tea while I finished my wine. The check came after a few minutes; when he asked about his iced tea, he was told, "I'm working on it, but don't worry, it's free refills so it doesn't affect the bill". Our server may have been new, but the host has been there for years and should have been keeping an eye on him, if that was the case.
Again, I hope this unfortunate experience was an aberration, and that our next visit will be the Charlie B's we know and love; but if it happens again, we won't be back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

No, they do not have karaoke but that didn't stop us from singing. The waiter said that we could sing and so we did...using our ipad and googled Karaoke and pulled great songs up and sang. so much fun

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was a nice, slightly more upmarket restaurant/bar. A bit pricier but quality of food was good as was beer and wine choice.