“Great food, great service”
Review of Emily's at Stowehof Resort - CLOSED

Emily's at Stowehof Resort
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stowe, Vermont
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Super fondue, great atmosphere, great wine--well executed for a fondue experience. Will definitely return for more!!

Visited January 2014

Arnprior, Canada
“Great Restaurant at the Stowehof”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Located in the Stowehof Inn is Emily’s Restaurant.
Following our sleigh ride at the Stowfhof we enjoyed our Christmas dinner at Emily’s and we were not disappointed. Both of us enjoyed a classic Turkey dinner with all the fixings. The meal was plentiful and delicious. The service as prompt and professional and the setting beside a beautiful wood fire after a day on the slopes was the perfect end to a perfect day.
We noticed that many of the patrons of the restaurant were not guests, I assume they were locals who came out for the special Christmas dinner so on special occasions I would make reservations. I think this was the best meal we had at Stowe and based on this I would have thought its rating should be higher.
If you are staying at the Stowehof then your breakfast is included and it is awesome. A buffet is typically provided and consists of a wide range of options…. Eggs, bacon, homemade pancakes etc. fueled us up for a day on the slopes.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 37EJM
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fondue. Nice setting!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Excellent service. We had the fondue the night we were there and thought it was good. The soup was excellent as well.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“High prices and table cloths do not fine-dining make”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Why won't restaurant owners understand this most basic tenet of hospitality? Just because your food is expensive and served in a pretty room does not make you fine-dining. Fine-dining is defined by SERVICE. We were staying for several days at the inn, and had made reservations for X-mas eve dinner. We were sat over 40 minutes after our reservation time by a surely teenage hostess. Our server was nice but ineffective and slow. Food was good, but not extraordinary, and it was also painfully slow. Note that drinks come from Coslin's Pub downstairs and will arrive at your table... you guessed it, slowly. Nothing burns me more than sitting for long periods of time with dirty dishes in front of me, then waiting for long periods of time for a dessert menu, then waiting even longer for the bill, while I watch staff scury around the dining room with empty hands making useless trips to nowhere. I have served for over 15 years, and I know a poorly trained staff when I see it. I do not blame the servers, but management needs to step it up. Would definitely stay at the Inn again, but would rather walk down to Gracie's on the corner than come back to Emily's.

Visited December 2013
South Salem, New York
“disappointing”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This restaurant was in a beautiful setting, lovely dining room, but we were quite disappointed. Their signature dish, weiner schnitzel, was placed on a globular pile of non descript spaetzle. My stuffed quail was quite good, but the onions were virtually raw and creamed spinach was placed on top of unripe tomatoes. We won't be going back any time soon

Visited September 2013