“Good concept, ok execution”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Moon Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The food choices were enticing, but some flavor combinations just didn't work. The staff was attentive, but didn't seem thrilled to be there.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We ate here after arriving in town late. I had the pork chop which the server recommended and I'm glad I did. I would definitely come here again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant attempts to be gourmet but the flavor combinations don't work givIng muddled unsavory tastes at expensive prices.... Stowe seems to lack many good dining choices but you would be better off with a hamburger someplace

1  Thank gerald m
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate here twice during the first week of February. We had read that you needed reservations as the place is small but it was such a quiet week that it was unnecessary. We had a nice table by the window, not that there is much to see as you are on a side street in Stowe village. The food was well prepared and tasty, good taste combinations. The menu is limited but you get vegetarian and various meat main courses. Wine and beer selection was good, although no local beers on tap. Price was upscale but not excessive, better than Solstice at Stowe resort. Only real complaint was it was like an upscale restaurant as there main courses were not large and after skiing all day we were left a little hungry.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoyed a Sat. night dinner here. Our server was knowledgeable and pleasant. The food was unusual and delicious, although my husband found the gremolata (sp?) on his fish a taste that he didn't like. I enjoyed the vegetarian dish I had and we shared an interesting lentil salad as an appetizer. The Greek dessert we had was memorable and plenty large enough to share.