“Exciting, flavorful cusine”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bristol, Connecticut
“Exciting, flavorful cusine”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

By far our best meal in Stowe! The crab cake app was phenomenal and everything we had was beautifully prepared and delicious. Get a reservation for sure because the place can fill up fast.

Albany NY
“Great intimate restaurant”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

spouse loves this place more than me. Food quality is excellent, menu changes periodically, great interesting dishes. A little too fancy for me, but again, spouse loves all the interesting dishes.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank bbeeAlbanyNY
Annapolis, Maryland
“Blue Heaven”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had an excellent meal at the BMC. Must make a reservation over a busy holiday weekend and in my opinion go on the early side of the evening...later it gets very loud and the wait area is small and crammed against the very small bar area. The wait staff is on the stuffy side so if that bothers you don't go. Has a very limited menu and somewhat unusual and there are also specials. I had oysters on half shell...really excellent and the Pork Tbone, while my partner had the fish special, both meals were delicious and the dessert list was great, also a very reasonable wine list...overall I would recommend.

Duxbury
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I cancelled an existing reservation at another nearby restaurant that I have been to and enjoy and booked a table at Blue Moon. Service was satisfactory but not particularly helpful. The restaurants phone was on the highest ring volume. No excuse for that.

But the real issue was the food. The crab cakes which have gotten kudos from other reviewers are way overpriced at $13 each and, more important, although they were cooked properly were utterly tasteless. For that price I would expect quality lump crabmeat with no filler. My wife had the gnochi entree which was the oddest dish I have ever seen. The gnochi were browned in a skillet, surronded with some greens, no parmesan broth as advertised,and topped with homemade potato chips. Truly bizarre.

I had the quail and it was satisfactory. Nothing more.

Will not return.

1 Thank TomDux_1
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent the three-day weekend in Stowe. Blue Moon Cafe was by far the best restaurant we tried while we were there! Lovely atmosphere, great service and excellent food. There wasn't an empty table in the place but the atmosphere was still relaxing and cozy. I had the salmon which was delicious and the dessert we shared was decadent. Highly recommend if you are in the area!