“Yummy Thai”

Bangkok Bistro on the Hill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good dinner here tonight with my family. Drunken noodles, red curry bowl and international platter all excellent. A great family run restaurant in Stowe.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to go because I'm not used to paying a little pricier for Thai - but we were also looking for something different (and spicier) while in Stowe (a town saturated with quality pizza, local bistros, steaks, and burgers). I think the quality of many of the things we ordered justified the price - and the atmosphere was very elegant, with lovely window views, and attentive service. The Tom Yum soup was the best I've ever had - very flavorful, perfectly spiced and complex. I was puzzled that they added $2 to substitute tofu instead of chicken in my curry. The curries were a nice portion size, though why the tiny side of rice? And this was the first Thai restaurant where jasmine rice was not served (just regular white rice).

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food was great but it was not a very good experience. The piece that we read about the restaurant said they were know for their cocktails so we tried those. They did not come until we were halfway through our main course. They brought us our check and never offered dessert - it was like they wanted us out of there. It was not crowded at all so I am not sure why we did not get better service.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We tried this restaurant on our last night in Vermont because it was featured in some internet site. The food was not that bad at all. Some of the orders came out well but some were so so (the fish and an entrée called Happy something). But the service was so so so so bad that even if the food were all so good I would not eat there again. Our group sat at around 6:30, we were a big group (5 families - 26 pp) and the servers were fussing and suggesting to limit our orders to a few variety and we all share. Anyway, we ended up with separate orders by family (This is the first restaurant that had asked us to do this, I mean if you really had 5 different groups coming in at the same time would you tell them to order the same food!!!). Anyway, after waiting for more than an hour they start serving our orders first with appetizers and the entrée by family with some acceptable wait in between (all except our family). It was my husband who wanted to order separately to have more choices and I am wondering if they deliberately did this, because they forgot my kids appetizers and broke the sequence of serving the food (we ordered second). We were hungry and tired and have to wait for another 40 minutes, we can't leave because it was already late and no restaurant might be open by the time we got to our hotel. People who came way after us were already eating and the rest of our group were done eating and our kids were sleepy and hungry...What a restaurant!!!! they should not be in this business!!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good food and well prepared and tasty. quite expensive but ok by Stowe standards for price. No delays or errors with order Would use again