“Good food, but probably more for someone who likes beer”
Review of Vermont ale house - CLOSED

Vermont ale house
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A craft beer bar and restaurant located in the heart of Stowe, Vermont. Featuring 26 rotating draft beers from Vermont, the US and abroad.Our menu consists of 6-8 pub fare items which keeps the focus on quality and freshness. Our small menu allows us to explore creative specials that go hand in hand with seasonal local ingredients.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our food was good. My husband and I both had the broccoli, cauliflower and cheddar soup. He enjoyed it more than I did, I thought it had a little bit of a burnt taste to it. I ordered the quinoa salad for the entree which was delicious and refreshing. He ordered the wild boar ribs which fell off the bone nicely. They must have been good because he cleaned his plate! My only main complaint was that our server forgot my drink order twice. The menu was somewhat limited but it's understandable since they specialize in having a large beer menu.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Disappointing experience from the Vermont Ale House. We arrived and were just waved to a table near the bar which was populated by several local winos. The waitress was, let's say, less than smart, and not very attentive. She managed to get my husband a refill for his beer but seemed to overlook anyone else's empty glass. The food took 40 minutes to arrive! It was a Thursday evening and we had flatbread (pizza -and bad pizza), a grilled cheese w/fries, and mac n cheese. They didn't forget us, it was just that S...L...O...W.

Eventually my kids and I went to sit outside while my husband waited to get the check. Our waitress never brought it, so my husband had to flag down another waitress to get our bill. Really unhappy that this was our first experience with Stowe as we were looking forward to the eateries up there. Fortunately, the next night we went to somewhere that made up for this place and then some!

My guess would be that the Vermont Ale House is okay to come to for the bar and the free popcorn, but skip it as an eatery and with kids.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went here for dinner and sat out on the porch. Enjoyed the free popcorn and great beer selection. Food was ok, my wife liked her dish better than I liked mine, but it was reasonably priced. The cupcakes for dessert definitely made the evening, they were delicious! The waiter said the owners mom makes them. Don't miss these! They had a band performing that evening but we didn't stick around for that.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

After making the drive to Stowe on a Friday night our party (2 couples ) arrived at 6.30pm. The place was closed for a private party. No mention of this on their Facebook page or website. A public note would be courteous. I would call ahead if trying to eat here.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just out of Stowe Village the Vermont Ale House offers a reasonable menu together with a good selection of local beers. Ideal for a relaxing, informal evening. Good for families or large groups.