“Great place for a beer, not for dinner.”
Review of Vermont ale house - CLOSED

Vermont ale house
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: A craft beer bar and restaurant located in the heart of Stowe, Vermont. Featuring 26 rotating draft beers from Vermont, the US and abroad.Our menu consists of 6-8 pub fare items which keeps the focus on quality and freshness. Our small menu allows us to explore creative specials that go hand in hand with seasonal local ingredients.
“Great place for a beer, not for dinner.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This place was really nice inside and had a big selection of beer. However the menu was limited. The food is more bar appetizers then real dinner food. The flatbread pizza I had was awful, however my husbands buffalo wings were excellent. More of a place for beers and appetizers. Service was slow and unfriendly.

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Service at its best”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you're in Stowe there are so many great places to visit, being a native from Vermont myself I speak from experience. I now live in NC and I was recently on a trip back home in Vermont and I stumbled upon an old favorite...the Vermont Ale House, it has a cozy atmosphere, great local beer selection and interesting customers at times. The service is amazing, you never wait long for a drink and the bartenders are nothing but friendly and attentive, they make sure your experience there keeps you coming back. For example on my recent trip, the night before I flew back to NC I was at the Ale House and I forgot my debit card there and had no time to get back and retrieve it. So I called up and the lovely bartender Megan took down my address and mailed it right out to me. THANKS MEGAN, so yes go to the Ale house and enjoy.

Stowe, Vermont
“Fun place”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I LOVE their Malbec, their flatbreads are amazing! Their live music on Sundays is a lot of fun! The service is great!

Somers, Connecticut
“Vacation lunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sloooowwww service, limited menu, average food, average atmosphere... 6 family members ate and there was no wow moment. Would not return.

Visited August 2013
Boston, MA
“Cute atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This little pub is really cute and cozy with a welcoming atmosphere! The food was very good. The roast beef on the hot beef sandwich was a bit tough, but perfectly rare with melted Vermont cheddar and great creamed horseradish sauce. Friends enjoyed their burgers, flatbread pizzas, and chicken wings. Small menu, but the items were all tasty.

Service was pretty poor...took awhile for anyone to greet us, never refilled waters, got orders wrong, slow, etc.