“Excellent Bar!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 108
Transit: Local Winter town shuttle bus every 20 minutes until 10pm
Description: Our famous menu is the result of 30 years testing and constant refinement using only the freshest Vermont foods and produce available. Featuring delicious Certified Angus steaks, fresh seafood, poultry, pasta with creative vegetarian dishes and WILD GAME from all corners of the world. Our desserts are legendary. The recipe for our 'signature' dessert was requested by Gourmet magazine. We feature 150 Ales and Lagers (28 on tap). A deep wine cellar and 70 single malt Scotches. We offer private dining rooms for special functions catering to groups up to 200. Special theme dinners are featured monthly.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have eaten at this pub many times over the years - but never took the time to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink. Extensive beer selection. Barmaid was very engaging and knowledgeable and made excellent drinks. Amazing calamari. The owner is friendly and always available. Definitely recommend and will return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had purchased an online voucher for this restuarant. We made reservations as it was a Saturday night but much to our dismay the place was not busy at all. We were seated immediately and within a few minutes our waiter, whose name I can't remember, brought us menus promising to return shortly to take our order. Oh I forgot to mention that he poured water into our glasses and slopped a lot of water onto the table while doing it. No apology, no cleaning it up! He just left us sitting there with a soaking wet table!!! After 15 minutes of waiting for this idiot to return we agreed we would 5 minutes more then we would leave. Guess what? He never came back, so after a 20 minute wait we picked ourselves up and drove to Pie in the Sky right across the street where we had fast service and an absolutely delicious pizza. We still have the voucher for Mr. Pickwick's but doubt we'll use it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our second visit and we decided not to go off experiencing someplace we hadn't been before. so we knew we were making a good choice! And it was much better than good!
We started with salads. I had the bay spinach, he had the garden. No surpises there. Tasty salads and warm bread, nice start.

His entree was similar to a shepards pie except it was made with elk, venison and boar. He said it was delicious.
I had the shrimp and mussel pompadore with tortolini. The waiter said it was the special and a new item on the menu. To say that I told him it was a keeper would be an understatement. It was perfect. It was absolutely yummie!

We finished our meal sharing a dessert called "spotted dick". I loved it, hubby wasn't so sure. That just left all the more for me!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have been staying at the Inne attached to Mr. Pickwick's for over 20 years now, (our annual Ski Getaway Week) and we just don't even try any other places for dinner anymore, Their specialties are wild game (e.g. Wild Boar Ribs, Elk, Venison) and British cuisine (e.g. Beef Wellington, Mulligatawny soup). My wife and I enjoy cooking and I like to think I'm a good cook, but this is dining at another level. The seasonings, ingredients, preparation and attention to detail are superb. I guess we are not very adventurous, or we would "try" more places in Stowe, but we have always had a wonderful dinner at Mr. Pickwick's, and we eventually realized how much we just enjoyed the entire experience, so we gave up going anywhere else years ago. We have not regretted it!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you want poor service from servers who clearly do not want to be there then this is the place for you. Restaurant empty and the service was ridiculously slow and the food was awful. Mussels well past their prime - smelled of urine and tatsted even worse.