“More than a dinner, it's an experience”
Review of Trattoria La Festa

Trattoria La Festa
Ranked #13 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seasonal Italian restaurant owned and operated by Italian family. Simple homemade food with a solid wine list and great music
Reviewed March 8, 2014

You'll always enjoy an incredible meal here! Warm salutions and smiling faces from everyone working here. From the very beginning we are always greeted as if we are family. The setting is quaint and relaxing. We never feel rushed. The best part is the owners are always spending time with us, asking how we enjoyed our food and sharing stories with us. Whenever you're in Stowe, Trattoria is a must visit. Outstanding menu with signature dishes and a nice warm atmospher. We love everything on the menu but make sure to try the meatballs and the scrumptious chicken parmesan! This is classic old school Italian at it's best! It is more than a dinner, it's an experience!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were very disappointed. The pasta was over cooked. The tomato sauce seemed literally to come out of a can. The chicken ("their speciality") is at best bland. I would not suggest this restaurant, especially if you want to eat Italian...

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We love this place! On our most recent visit we started off with the famous meatball caesar which is not on the menu however the owner loves to accommodate where ever and when ever possible. The meatballs are so good and mixed with the salad makes an unbelievable combo. Next we had the chicken parm which is the best I have ever had anywhere. Finished off with the bread pudding its simply the best! All the deserts are homemade and are all great! The owners are there taking personal care of everything always making it a great experience.
Enjoyed ourselves so much went back the next night and did it all over again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We loved it! Yes, we've had much better minestrone and the should leave the escargot to the French, but their calamari was out of this world with fresh tomato and olives. The mushroom risotto and the veal costoletta were superb. And finally, their bread pudding was the best dessert I had in Stowe! It was an experience that just kept better and better. The ambience was also great and it was definitely family-friendly! We'll be back very soon :-)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This used to be my favorite restaurant but the last two times I have been to stowe I have been disappointed. The quality and flavors of the food have changed and not fit the better. I had chicken marsalla that had been grilled first and sadly that was all I tasted. I do not like grilled chicken had I known that was how the chicken in the marsalla was prepared I would have chosen something else. Sadly I will not be returning to this former favorite stowe restaurant.

Been to Trattoria La Festa? Share your experiences!