“Used to be my favorite restaurant in stowe. Not any more. :(”
Review of Trattoria La Festa

Trattoria La Festa
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seasonal Italian restaurant owned and operated by Italian family. Simple homemade food with a solid wine list and great music
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This used to be my favorite restaurant but the last two times I have been to stowe I have been disappointed. The quality and flavors of the food have changed and not fit the better. I had chicken marsalla that had been grilled first and sadly that was all I tasted. I do not like grilled chicken had I known that was how the chicken in the marsalla was prepared I would have chosen something else. Sadly I will not be returning to this former favorite stowe restaurant.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had the duck which was tender and had a delicious glaze, friend had veal and pasta. we both loved our food. friendly service. dark cozy atmosphere, casual.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Having read the reviews, we had high hopes of finding the warmth of real Italian cuisine and a friendly atmosphere after a cold day out skiing. Unfortunately, there was nothing really festive at Trattoria La Festa on our visit... Staff and management were frigid despite a friendly phone chat earlier while making reservation. The food was absolutely not up to what we expected and we were not looking for anything fancy, just an honest, rustic and satisfying Italian meal. It did not happen... Pastas were drowning in an amazing volume of ordinary tomato sauce, polpettes were bland and hard, the 9$ glass of Super Tuscan wine stayed in the glass and I didn't even finish my cup of espresso... Kind of hard to believe in a place run by Italians... Was it a bad night?... Sorry, we will not be back to verify.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The owner happily gave me a reservation for that same night. Myself, my wife and a friend shared a pinot nero (which is Italian pinot noir.) It was very good and well priced. The wine menu is Italian centric, not surprising I guess, but you should know your Italian wines if you plan to order a bottle. The meals come with a small Caesar salad, nice touch and pretty good actually. It's a cute small place with the red and white plaid table cloths, cane chairs and old wine bottles. The food was good. I had ziti with broccoli rabe with sausage special, which had been changed to Arabiatta and sausage. It was good. I wouldn't say great, but good. My friend had shrimp scampi over angel hair which looked great. She enjoyed it and commented on how good it was. My wife had risotto with mushroom which she loved. So overall it was a very good experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We discovered Trattoria La Festa 25 years ago on our honeymoon. We have returned to Stowe many times since and this restaurant is always #1 on our list! The owners are always welcoming and friendly, the food and drink incredible! This week we are celebrating our 25th anniversary and had a wonderful meal here. We had the escargot appetite, different and delicious! We both had the veal, so good and tender here! Great atmosphere, delicious authentic food!