“food was excellent”

Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seasonal Italian restaurant owned and operated by Italian family. Simple homemade food with a solid wine list and great music
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I liked everything I had. Service was excellent. It was very comfortable too. Location was about 4 miles from where we were staying but a friend recommended we go here and I am very glad that we did. Wise choice.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Whenever we're in Smuggs or Stowe, we try to eat at Trattoria. It has been consistently good for us through the years. This trip was no exception. On a Monday, we had 6:00 reservations and were seated promptly upon our arrival.

From start to finish, the service was great. We were a fairly large group and our server, Matt (?), checked to see if an adjourning table could be used to give us more room. It made a big difference as everyone was a lot more comfortable. After the meal, a thunderstorm rumbled through the area and they suggested we stay at the tables until it passed. That may not seem like a big deal but at most restaurants there would be a few dirty looks.

In between those two deeds, everyone seemed to really enjoy their meals. It seems like the eggplant special got the most raves. Interestingly enough, Matt did not include a tip in the check despite the big party. He rightfully assumed that if he was delivering the highest service levels, why settle for 18%!

I would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking to have a great dining experience. I'd be sure to make reservations as they get busy.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We finally ate at this great family establishment. You really need a reservation if you are not outside by 5:30pm when they open. This restaurant fills up quickly and for good reason, the food is delish and the service is great! The food reminds me of my mothers Italian cooking learned from her in-laws and my father’s Italian side of the family who create everything from scratch with garden vegetables and handmade pasta. The food is made from fresh ingredients, some locally, well seasoned and as traditional as a Sunday family dinner. Save room for desert, which is yummy! …manja, manja!

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Loved the food, portion size seemed small. Liked the bread and spread and found that overall we had a great meal. Would return.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is my absolute favorite restaurant in stowe. Every time I am in town I visit. The staff is very friendly and the food is amazing. You have to try the chicken parmesan

Been to Trattoria La Festa? Share your experiences!