“Stowe's Best Après Ski”

Matterhorn Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Sushi, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
“Stowe's Best Après Ski”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You have not experienced après ski at Stowe until you visit "the horn". Fabulous food and drink, bands and dancing at night. Pizza, sushi and other terrific food is all here!

Visited January 2014

Blue Mountains, Canada
“Ski Trip Stowe 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Mike Scott

I just returned from a great ski week at Stowe. My dad and I made our first trip to Stowe 3 years ago for a well over due ski trip. I was told of the Matterhorn through a fellow firefighter who is well involved with the ski industry. We had great skiing for 4 days and visited the Matterhorn on our first night (Super Bowl Sunday), the over all atmosphere, layout, great food and your amazing staff made it very easy to visit 3 out of 4 nights. My background is in the hospitality industry, my speciality was rebuilding corporate stores and staffs and making a reconnections with their communities. I felt it was important to relay a message on a positive note that our experience was over the top, and already planning a road trip on the Harley's in the summer to enjoy a few pints on the patio and river. Our bartender for a 3 days is a true asset to your business and knows how to pick a good hockey team lead by a Canadian Captain. He will know who sent the email from Canada. Look forward to putting a mug on the wall with a Canadian Sticker. Most emails tend to be for a negative experience, thought you and your staff should be thanked for being part of many laughs and good times on our Father and Son trip to Stowe. See you in the Summer.
Mike and Jim, Blue Mountains, Canada

• Visited February 2014
Palmyra, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quintessential Stowe bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

If you ski Stowe, the Matterhorn is a must. Last time we were here we once again hit it up for cheesesteaks and as always they came out with an enormous helping of fries. This was the first time I've experienced their riverside dining I'll definitely be doing it more. Talk about ambiance!! I love going to the Matterhorn. Please do be careful in their parking lot though, last time I was there I hit a dog.

• Visited January 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Unexpectedly really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Ate here with two other people. When i got here it's very much a bar crowd at the front, which i'm not as into these days, but we got a table at the back of the restaurant. The menu has everything from full entrees (steak etc), to pizza to a full sushi bar. I was skeptical as most restaurants with this much variety in foods don't do anything well. I was wrong. I had a burger and fries, which was perfectly cooked to my specification, and a vegetable roll from the sushi bar. I don't eat "real" sushi, but i will say this was the best veg roll i had ever had. The other two at the table had real sushi and really enjoyed it. They were very busy so service was slow, but we weren't in a rush. Staff was also very nice. Highly recommend stopping in for a good casual meal.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jackie255VT
South Florida, Florida
“Best Apres-Ski in Stowe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place has a real skier's vibe. Great bar food - the wings are especially good - so is the sushi. Amazingly, I found some wonderful ales - on tap! Very popular and, therefore, oozes good times with skiers and locals sharing their experiences.

Visited January 2014