“Gotta Eat Here!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a cash only restaurant. There is an on-site ATM and the staff will deduct the ATM fee if you use it to get the money to pay for your meal.

The Frappes (shakes) are very good. The maple barbecue and eggs benedict were excellent. The french toast and BLT were quite good.

This is definitely a place to try while in Stowe.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

we had eggs benedict a little luke warm but delicious. My wife had pastrami sandwich and boys burgers VT angus beef. On top of that an amaretto milk shake incredible. All was served fast and was delicious. No Fuss. and so reasonably price for stowe. All town need a place like that
particularly Stowe. Next trip we will be back

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My family and I visited the Malt Shop for the first time the other day and it was great! On top of the great food (a double cheese burger, w/ there local Vermont angus beef) the atmosphere was delightful. A great place to sit down for a quick lunch or a family dinner. The other plus was how affordable everything was. Being on vacation and having a family, money is always tight, so it was nice feeding 4 people for $50, including desert! (Great local ice cream). All in all, I will 100% be back next time I'm in Stowe!

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We went in 45 minutes before they were due to close, we were made to feel unwelcome as they clearly were trying to close early. They finally agreed to do us food but only if we picked in the next 2 mins and took the food back to our hotel. We ordered a burger, fries and milkshake. When we got back to our hotel to eat out food we thought it was very disappointing, the burger is on an English muffin which tasted very strange, fries were average but the milkshake was very good. Don't bother to eat here but defiantly stop by for milkshake or dessert, as long as they can be bothered to stay open that is!!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We usually visit the Malt Shop once or twice a year. It is the place to go with families young and old. The decor encompasses the 30's to the 70's with lots of memorabilia on every wall. It is not only a fun place to enjoy but the food is very tasty too. It is usually busy but the service is fast and friendly. The food is pretty much what you expect to find at a town diner. They have a wide selection of burgers, sandwiches, soups and salads.
I had a Chicken Panini and my son ordered a custom Double Chesseburger. We also got a boatload of fries and onion rings. I forgot that the servings are on the large size side of things so we had a lot of left overs. The food was well prepared and hot. The burger and the panini were very good. We ordered two shakes: vanilla and strawberry. I think that it is cool that the shakes are served in the metal shake container.
The prices are very fair so it is easy to take a large family out to dinner.