“Fun, retro and delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Depot Street Malt Shop
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, retro and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My family and I visited the Malt Shop for the first time the other day and it was great! On top of the great food (a double cheese burger, w/ there local Vermont angus beef) the atmosphere was delightful. A great place to sit down for a quick lunch or a family dinner. The other plus was how affordable everything was. Being on vacation and having a family, money is always tight, so it was nice feeding 4 people for $50, including desert! (Great local ice cream). All in all, I will 100% be back next time I'm in Stowe!

• Visited January 2014

Surrey
“Great milkshakes but forget the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We went in 45 minutes before they were due to close, we were made to feel unwelcome as they clearly were trying to close early. They finally agreed to do us food but only if we picked in the next 2 mins and took the food back to our hotel. We ordered a burger, fries and milkshake. When we got back to our hotel to eat out food we thought it was very disappointing, the burger is on an English muffin which tasted very strange, fries were average but the milkshake was very good. Don't bother to eat here but defiantly stop by for milkshake or dessert, as long as they can be bothered to stay open that is!!

South Burlington
“Depot Street Malt Shop is fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We usually visit the Malt Shop once or twice a year. It is the place to go with families young and old. The decor encompasses the 30's to the 70's with lots of memorabilia on every wall. It is not only a fun place to enjoy but the food is very tasty too. It is usually busy but the service is fast and friendly. The food is pretty much what you expect to find at a town diner. They have a wide selection of burgers, sandwiches, soups and salads.
I had a Chicken Panini and my son ordered a custom Double Chesseburger. We also got a boatload of fries and onion rings. I forgot that the servings are on the large size side of things so we had a lot of left overs. The food was well prepared and hot. The burger and the panini were very good. We ordered two shakes: vanilla and strawberry. I think that it is cool that the shakes are served in the metal shake container.
The prices are very fair so it is easy to take a large family out to dinner.

Visited December 2013
jdd103
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burger on an English Muffin?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to get takeout from this place because we were staying at The Green Mountain Inn. She got a chocolate malt which she loved, and we also got 2 cheeseburgers with onion rings. The burger buns were no bigger than English muffins and the burger had no flavor. I spent over $25.00 for this lousy takeout, not even worth $10.00!! Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere. I wonder about all the positive reviews? Hmmmm....

Visited December 2013
1 Thank jdd103
Winchester, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Every town needs one of these”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wonderful malts, frappes, and shakes. Excellent sandwiches. Fun atmosphere, good service. Good value.

• Visited November 2013