“Great place!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This place is so cute and the food was really good. Fresh and great variety, not just unhealthy malt shop fare. We had a great entree salad.
Desserts also had good variety, lots of ice cream flavors and coffee desserts for the grown ups.

The have an outdoor dining area as well as tables inside.

We went at an off hour so it wasn't crowded but I can see how it might get crowded at a busier time.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

While visiting Stowe for the LAX tournament my family and I stopped in to get some ice cream at the Depot Street Malt Shop. The ice cream was AMAZING! The young gentlemen who waited on us, as sweet and kind as he was, was obviously nervous and most likely new. He was doing great and after making us our delicous treats he went to ring us up but couldn't remember exactly what each one of us ordered. We had to remind him a few times but it was more of a funny moment than anything until this older women, who I could only assume was the owner, came over and yelled at him in front of EVERYBODY! We felt so bad for him and thought it was incredibly un-proffesional and although the ice cream and service were both fantastic, that women left a bad taste in our mouth. My family and I are unsure if we will visit the ice cream shop again next year. I will not support a person who treats their employees in such a manor.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great place for a ice cream, burger or just a snack after strolling the village. My kids love to go there on a hot day for a giant ice cream cone!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This little hidden treasure is off Main street and down behind the shops in Stowe. It's got a real malt shop, old time feel, with 50's decor. Checkered floor, cafe seats for the tables, and wooden booths are all part of the charm. They offer a soup & 1/2 sandwich, burgers, sandwiches, hot & cold, appetizers, and of course ice cream and frappes. Very reasonably priced. My two guests both had the 1/2 sandwich & soup. I had a burger and onion rings and the burger was REAL. It was cooked just the way I liked it, which is well, but it was not dried out, it was delicious, and I would highly recommend going there.

Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

It was a very chaotic atmosphere in this place. I am leaving that responsibility to the waitresses. They were friendly,but so slow and completely oblivious to what thier tables wanted or needed. There was just chaos all over and it never ended. The place was extremely loud too. Other than that the food was ok, Not bad tasting but nothing great. The burger was good, fresh beef. Onion rings and fies are frozen not made on site. It wasnt awful but I prefer freshly made onion rings and hand cut fries. We all got ice cream deserts and they were wonderful!

Been to Depot Street Malt Shop? Share your experiences!