“Fantastic!”

Gracie's
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Family friendly, delicious food, great/friendly staff, excellent experience!! Decorations are very cute, food is very rich and delicious. I recommend the ribs and the fried chicken, delicious classics!

Everything is fresh and homemade, delicious bread, everything was great. Best restaurant while I was visiting Stowe. Even visited twice because we were so pleased with everything! The owner of the restaurant is wonderful, and very friendly. He took the time to get to know us and tell us about his personal experiences in Stowe, and how the restaurant started.

Wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank TravellerLaura11

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have eaten at Gracie's several times and it never disappoints. From the outstanding food to the courteous staff this is by far the best place to eat in Stowe with my family. The Shepard's Pie is the best that I have tasted and the bread is amazing. This week they're offering an oatmeal chocolate chip bread that you must try. I strongly recommend eating at Gracie's while in Stowe. It's definitely worth the drive up Mountain Rd. I definitely recommend calling ahead for a reservation.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

So I went there and I had a great time ans the food was great the drinks were great and the service was VERY quick and they had everything that you needed. I had the chicken sandwhich and it was soooo good! Ans I also had dessert and I had the Frisbee! It was cookies and there was ice cream in the middle! It was amzaing! I would really go there!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went for an enjoyable family dinner at Gracies during the christmas break. My two daughters ordered teriyaki chicken wings for their entree. When the waitress served the wings they looked pretty good.... But then they took their first couple bites, the bone was ice cold as if the wings had been frozen. So we asked the waitress if she could take the wings and heat them up more. She brought them back and they were burnt, and the teriyaki didnt taste anything near normall from when my daughters first got the wings. After that disapointment the main courses arrived... The ribs I recieved were over cooked, dry, and coated with sauce to hide their errors in cooking perfectly good ribs. My wife ordered a glass of red wine and it showed up in a small less than eye pleasing glass. That in itself would have been fine if thats all they had, but then we look over to the next table and they are served red wine in large french goblets only because they ordered a whole bottle, which I thought was very tacky of the server. The whole time we thought we were rushed by the staff to finish our meals quickly and leave. So to add insult to injury when I got the bill, my daughter asked for a piece of lettuce for her burger and they charged her an incremental $0.25 fro something that should have come with the burger anyway. Bow wow wow I wouldnt feed that meal to my dogs who I love dearly.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my second time at Gracies and it was another great meal. My husband and I split the mug of clam chowder to start, just as good as we remembered from our last visit. I had the special salad with arugula, pomegranate, apples and a maple dressing with new york strip steak. The salad was delicious and the steak was flavorful and perfectly cooked. My husband had the fried seafood platter that he very much enjoyed. Our only complaint is that we didn't care for the fries that came with the platter. They weren't that crispy and lacked seasoning. Love the dog theme throughout the restaurant. Service was good and the manager was attentive.

paul a, Owner at Gracie's, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hi Amy; We are glad you enjoyed another meal at Gracie's.
I don't know what to say about the fries. We are working on them. We par fry them and then chill them in the wealk in. We then refry to order to crisp them but they are not coming out right. We hope to have this cured very shortly.
thanks for your nice review.
Archie