“Awful”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Horrible service. Hair in my food. Waitress didn't ask how are food was for a half hour. Never came to refill are drinks. I had a small glass of water and really thirsty.I didn't eat my food cause there was hair in it she didn't come to check on us for at least a half hour them asked how is it I said hairy can I have my check. I waited 20 minutes to get seated when there was open table the whole time. There were open tables for a while and the line was out of the door. I will never come here again.

1  Thank JLongfellow

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Just stopped in at McCarthy's again on another visit to Stowe. As always the food was good, it was ready quickly, and there was great a variety of choices. I had lunch and my traveling companion had breakfast. The staff here is very nice and they were gracious even though they were a few minutes away from closing. They sometimes are a little curt; this usually happens when they are very busy. However, they are always professional and equipped to handle crowds in a timely manner. I will be coming back here many more times. Very good place! Always check out their specials too- the breakfast specials have always been really tasty when I've ordered them! Oh- make sure you have cash. They don't take credit cards.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

McCarthy's is ideal for both breakfast and lunch -- food, value, fast high quality service, location. They simply do things the right way.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

The food and people make your eating experience enjoyable. My oldest son and I ate the oatmeal French toast. It is absolutely the best I've ever had. The waitress was so sweet she made an extra pancake for my 7 year old son that rarely eats anything. He ate 2 pancakes, 3 sausage links and an egg.

If you're a Red Sox fan be sure to stop by and say hi to the Yankee fan Lee in the real estate office next door. He is hilarious. He joked with our 7 year old. We have to eat here every year on vacation because of Lee and the food.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

great place for breakfast. just what we were looking for. simple old fashioned eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc. fresh, prepared well. nice staff, good prices. food comes quickly once your seated but if you go in season go early or be prepared to wait. very popular place with both visitors and locals.