“Friendly with good food and lovely views”

Bistro at Ten Acres
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro at Ten Acres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Luce Hill Road
Reviewed July 21, 2014

A smart casual environment with friendly staff and inventive and very tasty food. The Key Lime Pie was excellent - as were the starters, moules/frites and pineapple salad.
Sits up the hill overlooking several mountain ranges.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were in town for 1 week and made 2 visits for dinner as the first experience was so good. Drinks at bar prepared by Mark were of a high standard and you must try the Whisky Blast. Knowledge of wines were also of a very high standard. We were then led to our table by Linda who really added greatly to our experience with her super friendly charm. Unbelievable to find out these guys have only been open and are new to the restaurant business for c18 months. Then, onto the food..wow! I started with Ceviche which was a knock out, great price and as good a starter as I have ever tasted. We both then had the seafood special which was Swordfish complimented by a really refreshing Sauvignon Blanc which was recommended by our server Christina. The Swordfish was as good as I have ever had and really made the experience. We had Pork Shank on our last visit which was absolutely amazing also, Chef Gary prepares food like you have never tasted. We will definitely be back. Best restaurant experience we have ever had in Stowe and this was our 3rd visit. Good luck with the future Mark & Linda.

1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner last night after reading so many great reviews. They are well deserved! Nice setting inside, beautiful views. Waiter was fantastic, very attentive yet laidback. You were at your pace. I had vietnamese shrimp, which was nice. Mom had the lemon/parm chicken and said one of the best chicken dishes she has ever had! She had a chocolate martini that looked great, tasted the same. I had a Von Trapp Lager, very nice. Great beer selection! I would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited the Inn at Ten Acres Saturday July 12 and my wife and I had a great meal. I had the Ceviche appetizer and a excellent shrimp dish. My wife enjoyed a nice chicken entree. Mark was very hospitable and talked with us for a few minutes telling us the story of how he started just 19 months ago. We hope to go back when in Stowe.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the minute you walk in they greet you with smiling faces and the experience just gets better from there. The wait staff is very knowledgable about the food and the preparation. I have a food allergy and they were incredibly accommodating and careful to check everything that was served to me. We go early so we don't pressure the kitchen with this problem at their peak service hours, but something tells me it wouldn't matter. The same care would be taken even at that time.

The food was so wonderful we went there twice during our weeks vacation. They combined a cold salad on our plate with perfectly cooked tender chicken and it all worked superbly. After the second visit for the week we left some room for desert and we had both the Key Lime Pie and the Strawberry Profiteroles and I can't tell you how wonderful both of the deserts were.

From the owners to the chef and kitchen staff to the wait staff, they all do a great job at putting out great food and making it a fun and enjoyable dining experience that we can highly recommend. Thank for some wonderful meals!

3  Thank Ron H