“Excellent Restaurant”

Bistro at Ten Acres
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro at Ten Acres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Luce Hill Road
Edinburgh
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Visited restaurant this evening with family and had a great experience. They were very attentive with most importantly excellent food. I would recommend this restaurant to all - no wonder they are rated ONE in Stowe. Many thanks for a lovely time.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank DoubleChamp

Franklin, Massachusetts
“It hits all the marks”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This spot has changed hands a few times in the past few years so we were interested in the new ownership. The owners Linda and Mark are hands on and welcome all their guests. Our waiter Alex was amazing as he effortlessly offered suggestions and gave us an overview of the dishes. I had the Vietnamese grilled shrimp which was amazing and my sister had the Lemon Parmesan chicken which she ate without offering me a bite (our usual procedure when visiting a restaurant for the first time). We did not have appetizers because we wanted to try the desserts instead. I had the white chocolate mocha truffle which was very rich and very delicious. My sister had the dessert special of the day - a strawberry profiterole. It was even better than the truffle. The drinks were also excellent. We had our old stand-bye - a perfect cosmo. That evening we were one of the first parties to enter the dining room and there was a lovely table set up in the bay window facing the road and the mountain view. The owner Mark apologized for not seating us there, but explained that they were reserving it for a couple of newlyweds who arrived about 20 minutes later. I was impressed that he saved them such a lovely table and also took the time to explain it to other diners. There is now a small dining room for private parties as well as a small bar.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank dougiesisters
Ellsworth, Maine
“? haunted ?”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Too much pepper on steak. We could not finish it and I bet the chef could not eat it either when we asked him to taste it.

rooms were spooky and not an easy clomb for our 84 y.o. mother.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Edsalldw
Michael H, Owner at Bistro at Ten Acres, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
This is a curious review and we're not quite sure how to respond. Being that so many previous reviews describe The Bistro at Ten Acres as "quaint, comfortable, cozy and warm", I'm surprised to hear you call it "haunted and spooky". Could you have us confused with a different restaurant?

Cheers.
Mark & Linda
Burlington, Vermont
“Memorable birthday celebration!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I rarely write reviews, but I had to write one for Bistro at Ten Acres. We celebrated my dad's 75th here and were delighted all around. We arrived early for cocktails which were fabulous and it was delightful to sit in the rustic bar looking out the window towards Stowe. The food exceeded all expectations; we loved the oysters, ceviche, pork roast, everything was outstanding. We shared most of the appetizers and were each delighted in our main course. I also asked them to bake a cake for us, which they gladly did and it was the perfect final touch for the birthday dinner. I was a bit worried that as a large party of 9 that we'd feel rushed or as if we were overwhelming the bistro, but their service was superb. All in all, it was the perfect setting for our celebration. The coziness of the B&B, the warmth and attentiveness of the owners and staff, the superb food and most especially that I felt every one of my requests was gladly accommodated made for a stellar experience. I wish you continued success and many years of creating delightful experiences as you did for us.

• Visited May 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a lovely restaurant in an old house with lots of separate dining rooms. The food was amazing! I had a seared lobster with polenta, my partner had filet of sole in a lemon butter sauce and a spicy lentil soup. The owner came around to talk to us and make sure everything was ok. Her husband runs the bar. The items on the menu were all very interesting and I was afraid that they wouldn't taste good but I was pleasantly surprised.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a romantic evening or for anyone wanting a really good meal.

• Visited June 2014