“Delicious Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro at Ten Acres

Bistro at Ten Acres
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro at Ten Acres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Luce Hill Road
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visited Stowe over the long holiday weekend. Our dinner at the Bistro at Ten Acres was wonderful. I ordered the seafood stew (similar to bouillibaise) and my partner ordered the vegetarian Indian curry dish. Both were outstanding. Serving portions were larger than I normally would eat. But my dish was so good, I gobbled it all up! We even managed to top off the meal with an apple crisp dessert special. We loved the decor and ambience of the restaurant as well. Casual attire is suitable. I recommend this establishment.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I were in Stowe this weekend and were given the name of the Bistro at Ten Acres.
Some friends had highly recommended the restaurant and found it a poor dining experience .
I felt the staff was inexperienced and impersonal . It appeared they were just going thru the paces
no sense of warmth to make you feel you were a valued guest.
The food was mediocre at best , highly priced for the quality of the food and basically tasteless.
I had as a starter the Mussels appetizer which was good , not the best .. But good.
However the Lobster I would not recommend. At $32.00 it was 1 1/4 lbs .. And had absolutely no taste ..
I have eaten at many fine restaurants in NYC, Los Angeles, Montreal .. And do not mind paying for quality food. Either they need to talk to the Chef and staff .. And maybe rethink their menu ..

So better choices in Stowe

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ken L
Mark F, Owner at Bistro at Ten Acres, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Linda and I are sorry to learn you didn't have the great experience with us that so many have had (including your friends). We genuinely strive for and expect excellence each evening from our servers and our kitchen staff. To not deliver that for you is a disappointment. We'll use this as an oppotrunity learn and improve. Should you find yourself in Stowe again it's our hope you will dine with again as I'm confident your experience will be like so many other have enjoyed.

Thanks again.

Mark and Linda
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Best in Stowe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We come to Stowe for Christmas every year and eat at all of our favorites: Harrison's, Blue Moon Cafe, the Whip Bar at the Green Mountain Inn. We love all of them but Bistro at Ten Acres is the best. Don't miss the lobster. We shared the mussels as an appetizer along with a bottle of the Talbott Logan Chardonnay from a short and lovely wine list. We dined in pale pumpkin colored room with tiny white lights on winter branches. Nice understated background music and friendly service. The food is stunning. Don't miss it.

The Villages, Florida
“Lovely Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went there to celebrate my husband's son wedding the next day at a local inn. I made a reservation requesting champagne and floral centerpiece. Everything was perfect. The service, and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Huntington Beach, California
“Lovely Ambience, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Bistro at Ten Acres was our favorite restaurant in Stowe, Vt. Warm, romantic ambiance with a lovely fireplace, fabulous view and cozy bar, Great drinks and wine selection. Fresh, flavorful food is served by a gracious staff. Get the bay window in the dining room if possible for incredible views, especially in the fall.

Visited October 2013