“A superb meal”

Bistro at Ten Acres
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro at Ten Acres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Luce Hill Road
San Antonio, Texas
“A superb meal”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I met a friend there for dinner and were not disappointed. Our reservation was for 7:00 and since we arrived a bit early, we sat at the bar and had a cocktail. The owners were extremely friendly and shared the history of Ten Acres with us, while we waited for our friend to arrive. Dinner was delicious! My husband ordered the pork shank and said it was so tender that the meat fell off the bone. I had the chicken with spinach and it was juicy and savory. It's a great place to be able to chat with your dinner companions because it's not loud. A great experience overall.

Burlington
“Probably deserves to be number one in Stowe”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

There are many restaurants in Stowe and this one has become rated number 2 after only 9 months of operation. Based on reviews of number one restaurant I changed my reservation from it to the Bistro and we are glad we did. Much less crowded, a better view and better service

The Bistro is a very well run and well kept restaurant in an 1820 farmhouse just outside of Stowe. Service is laid back but attentive without being overbearing. Our server was primarily in Vermont for the snowboarding but also made a great waiter. I started with a salad that was a combination of pineapple, radishes and jicama. It does not sound all that great but was delicious. I followed with a complete lobster that was well prepared, not rubbery like a lot of lobster and was accompanied polenta. My spouse had a barbequed pork shank, which obviously came from very large hog but the meat fell off the bone. Unfortunately we did not leave room for dessert.

Each of the three dining rooms has a different view of either the valley or the mountain. Well worth the trip up the mountain road from Stowe.

1 Thank 243Furby
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Delicious food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there this past weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great, very cozy with the fireplace lit just as you enter. I had swordfish and it was wonderful, flavorful and tender. Probably the best swordfish I ever had. My husband had the lobster and that was fantastic too.
Our only complaint is the entree came a bit too quickly, we hadn't even finished our salad.

We would definitely go back again. Our best dinner in Stowe!

1 Thank Karen G
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
“Wanted to love this place!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I read the reviews for this restaurant before our recent trip to Stowe and decided to make a reservation. When we arrived in Stowe, the general consensus was that this place is great. As such, we were really looking forward to our dinner reservations, especially since we loved Langiapane which was the old restaurant here (we were told it's still the same chef). When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by one of the owners and seated immediately. You can definitely tell that the owners have done quite a bit of work to the space which is always nice. My husband and I began our meal with a really delicious Cheddar Ale Soup. This is where my praise for the food stops, unfortunately though. Our waitress was absent most of time making the service throughout the meal terrible. The bread offering was a weird combination of herbs that just didn't work together. The waitress explained that the sous chef makes the bread and basically just tries new stuff all the time. Although my husband said his steak frites was okay, my chicken dish was underwhelming in flavor and the texture was strange (I think the chef needs to rethink this dish, honestly). I literally barely touched my dish and our waitress just whisked it away without any concern or questions which I thought was weird. I had no intention of complaining, but I was a bit surprised. However, shortly after she took our plates away, one of the owners came to our table to inquire about our meal. We explained that, although my husband's meal was fine (just fine), my meal was not enjoyable. He apologized which was very professional and nice, and he didn't charge us for the chicken. I really wanted to love this place, but it just didn't live up to the hype for us. When we return to Stowe, I may give this place a try once more. We'll see. I want to believe it was a just a fluke.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Crystal L
Sun City West, AZ
“GOOD FOOD, NICE PEOPLE”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Found the Bistro on TripAdvisor and Yelp, and after reading all the positive reviews, knew we had to see for ourselves. We were not disappointed. We arrived right at opening and elected to sit at the bar and eat where we could talk to the bartender, who happened to be the owner, Mark. He and his Scottish wife, Linda, were warm and friendly and we had a lot of interesting conversation. George had the Fried Shrimp and I the Lemon Chicken. Both were excellent and ample portions. We regret we were unable to spare room for what was an excellent selection of desserts.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Bistro at Ten Acres? Share your experiences!