“No prices or too pricey”
Review of Harvest Market

Harvest Market
Ranked #16 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Description: Harvest Market is a one-stop gourmet shop offering delicious salads, sandwiches, entrees, baked goods, and wood-fired artisan breads, prepared by our chefs and bakers! We also offer an incredible selection of wonderful cheeses, meats, wine, beer, farm-fresh produce, and specialty food items.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a hassle it is to have to ask what everything costs. I gave up at the cash register when I asked and the cashier started yelling across the store to inquire. The guy she was asking couldn't hear her and I gave up after witnessing a prolonged - "how much are the UFOs"..."What?"..."how much are the UFOs"..."What?".

The items that did have prices were severely overpriced. I started imagining setting up a shop next door where I would buy stuff from Shaws at retail, mark it up 50%-100% and still beat Harvest Market on price and efficiency. All I would have to do is put prices on everything and let everyone do self-checkout.

1  Thank David C

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This market has a little of everything and a lot of very fresh and organic offerings - prepared foods and sandwiches, bakery items and packaged and grocery items. It is my favorite! Stop in for a delicious snack or something for the road on your way out of Stowe - located conveniently on the mountain road!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been here several times. Most of the food is pretty good and it isn't cheap. It is set up a bit awkward. I stood in line at the bakery side hoping to get coffee drink, when I got to the front I found out I was in the wrong line. You could stand in a few lines to get everything you want. Last few times I have left frustrated.

We use to go there to get meat, pate and cheese for parties. Now there are only a few members of the staff that I will work with. For example, only a few of them know that bresaola should be sliced paper thin.

If you get the right people and it isn't busy, it is fantastic. Unfortunately they are not set up well for busy times. It is not always clear on where the lines begin. People can get pushy trying to get to the registers.

Not a place for kids to run around. Definitely not a place to let a toddler loose.

They do have limited seating, but I think of it more as a market. Not a place to go with a group. Great for 2 adults who want to sit together at a small table or a bench.

1  Thank TiredOldSkier
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been coming to the Harvest Market for a number of years. The food never disappoints. The cold dishes are mainly vegetables. The food is very fresh and uniquely tasty. The breads are very good. Their pizza are a best buy. The bagels and muffins are very good.

I have found the Market to be pricy. I am willing to accept the high prices and in return get very good food and pastry products.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our 5th year at Stowe and nothing makes this trip better then shopping at the Harvest Market. What is better then a fresh loaf of bread right out of the brick oven in the back of the market...I think I finished the entire baguette by the time I returned to the hotel...thank goodness I had extra baguettes:) Whether you need cheese, wine, bread, lunch/dinner, or desert this is the place that you need to go to!

Been to Harvest Market? Share your experiences!