“Nice Hotel & Friendly Staff”

Sun & Ski Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed at Sun & Ski Resort 4 nights in Feb 2010. Very nice hotel with a beautiful river out back. The hotel was very well maintained and clean. The staff was extremely helpful.
They provide a very nice breakfast buffet each morning. And provide an indoor heated pool with hot tub.
I would suggest Sun and Ski Inn & Suites to anybody looking for an affordable trip to Stowe mtn.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 15, 2010

A cozy place to stay with a friendly and helpful staff .
There is a common room with a big fireplace , family games and puzzles .
We stayed in a loft room which was perfect for our family of five.
The beds were comfortable and there was a fridge in the room.
The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub . There was also a changing area in the pool house.
It was a pleasant surprise to find out that a buffet breakfast
came with our room .
It was a great value . We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I spent a 3 day ski weekend in Stowe and chose to stay at the Sun and Skin Inn and Suites. This is an older motel, however; the rooms are clean and comfortable. We has a large suite which consisted of a King size bed, pull out sofa and two double beds located in a loft accessible by a small staircase. This worked out great for as as there were 4 teenagers on the trip and they enjoyed the loft area. The front desk staff was very courteous and personable. There is also a breakfast provided in the morning which consisted of basic items, not too large, however; adequate for a quick breakfast before heading to the ski area which is only approx. 4 miles away. The Sun and Ski Inn is conveniently located in Stowe and a short drive from all restaurants and the downtown area. There is also a pool and jacuzzi, the only disadvantate is they are located in a separate building and you must walk to it which could be inconvenient in the cold weather. There is a changing area located should you want to change there. For a short ski vacation this motel was fine and competitively priced.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2009

The Inn was VERY clean. The rooms had a sliding glass door leading out to a small patio with 2 chairs for each room. The view of the river out back was terrific and the whole Inn had a very relaxing atmosphere. The counter space in the sink area was bigger than most motels and much appreciated. The breakfast was adequate and there was use of a library and "sitting room" complete with fireplace. We did not use the pool, however, there was a very nice one on the premises. The staff was friendly and I would certainly stay here again and recommend to others. All in all, a very pleasant stay, especially for the price!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We had a great stay at this hotel. It is right on the river which added to its atmosphere. hammocks and picnic tables to relax in the big back yard that butts up to the river. Each room has a little deck that looks out on yard and river. The room was reasonably priced and comfortable. The staff was excellent, pleasant, responsive, and helpful. We also met other guests who were pleasant and enjoying their stay at the hotel. The room and common areas were very cleaned. The They have an indoor pool and hot tub which was nice during our early September stay. We love Stowe and have traveled there many times. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We loved the view of the river behind the inn. The Sun&Ski Inn focused their attention on us to make our trip as enjoyable as possible. I felt their employees were working to pleas each guest. From listing activities me and my husband would enjoy to making our stay as comfortable as possible. Stowe was beautiful, the inn location was helpful b/c we could get to our activities in a short drive. Also being so close to the bike path was good. Me and my husband didn't have to drive anywhere to start the path. The scenery was just amazing, the foliage was beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My friends booked on line for one night and got a rate of around 120.00 for their stay. I had asked them to book us as well but they told us that they had forgot. When I called to book a similar room I was told that I had to book two nights. I explained that my friends had booked only one night and asked if they would honor that for me as well. She said she couldn't but that the manager may do it. She told me Erica would call me back.........she never did. The desk clerk called me and said that the manager would not honor the one night right now but if I called back in 2 WEEKS they may change there minds. I explained that if I waited that I risk loosing out of ANY motel having availability and I asked to talk to Erica and the clerk came back and said she was too busy and would call me later. She never did. I called on the third day of chasing my room at this motel and asked if Erica was there and I was told she was off today, on a Saturday!! Something very fishy is going on here! Run for your life from this place! My wife and I ran a motel for 8 years and understand how things get. I can't imagin how they expect to tell people to call back in 2 weeks and completly avoid talking to me about it. It isn't about the money, we ended up at another motel for one nite for 270.00. There loss.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple