All reviewstennis courtscourt buildingindoor poolstayed here for one nighthot tubbike pathupdated roomsbit wornbreakfast stafffree breakfastwinter monthslocation is excellentmusty smellminute drivebeds were comfortablelarge roomrecreation path
Reviewed October 15, 2017

On arrival our coach was met by te Owner and his family, complete with four wheelr and trailer. Bags loaded immediately while we receive a complimentary hot or cold drink after our journey. Everyone exceedingly pleasant. All facilities there including Pool and Hot Tub. The rooms are timber cabins scattered around acres of green space.Had meal in restaurant at night. Menu is a little restricted, but service is excellet, atomsphere pleasantly rural, and Whiskey Steaks are superb!. Spent a pleasnt hpir after dark,simply sat on the grass outside, star-gazing. COMPLIMENTARY breakfast as good as any English. Such a change after the 'plush' hotels on the journey.If you're looking for savoy type surroundings, don't stay here, But if you want excellent, down-to-earth service with a smile, and a great welcome, I fully recommend this.

Room Tip: If you're travelling, try one of the outside rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank ericfromclowne
Rich M, Manager at Town & Country Resort Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

thanks for the kind feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the T&C! Come visit us again!

Rich

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Friendly couple running the place but as others mention, rooms smell a bit musty & a little tired. Lovely flowers at entrance & warm welcome. Nice (warm) indoor pool with a jacoozi. Not many others staying so dinner was in bar area.
Breakfast was good.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vistareel
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Dated. Tub wouldn't drain. Something leaked in the bathroom, water standing in floor between toilet and sink. A/C does not cool well. I would only stay here again if there were no other options. Look elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Richard T
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Although a bit worn, we enjoyed staying in this motel. When there was no microwave, the clerk carried one in right away. The breakfast was outstanding. We could order from a wide range of entrees and it was all freshly prepared. We swam in the heated indoor pool at night and enjoyed it, but there was no shampoo in the changing rooms. Stowe is a 30 minute drive from Burlington and Montpelier but it was worth the savings.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy Y
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Upon walking into our room, we were immediately hit with an overwhelming smell. Not sure if it was mold or mildew or both. The best way for me to describe this smell is a teenager's wet sneakers at the end of a long hot summer (sorry, but that is what it reminded me of!). We would have moved rooms, but it was late int he evening and no other rooms available.
Other things to note: The wifi was so incredibly weak, it would connect then immediately cut out.
The excessive amount of mold on the shower curtain was truly unacceptable. (How hard is it to change out a plastic shower curtain ?)
Also, the soap and shampoo provided is almost laughable- if it wasn't true. The "bottle" of shampoo that was on our bathroom shelf was already used - the seal was broken and bottle was half empty. The soap provided is smaller than what I toss out when my bar soap at home runs low.
The two male desk staff who I encountered (one in the evening and one in the morning) were unfriendly and not very welcoming. They were both curt and seemed like they were put out by questions. I guess it is an indication that they know things are not up to par when upon checking out I was not asked "how was your stay?". I was handed a receipt and that is it. Period. No thank you for visiting, hope you had a nice visit, come back soon.... nothing.
Final thoughts... I am okay with motels being a bit "vintage" and out dated, but there is NO excuse for mildew, moldy rugs & shower curtains and horribly smelly rooms. We visit the area often, and with so many hotels/motels in the area, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple