All reviews tennis courts court building indoor pool stayed here for one night hot tub bike path updated rooms bit worn breakfast staff free breakfast location is excellent musty smell minute drive beds were comfortable off season large room recreation path
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here in the past two years, but this is my first review. The first time we (my bf and I) stayed here about a year ago we had a room in the main building, facing the street. It was off-season so there were very few rooms occupied which made it nice…no noise, etc. The room was outdated and not sparkling clean, but it was decent and we weren’t in the room much.

Just recently (Labor Day wknd 2012) we stayed there again. We got a room that was in the main building on the lower floor facing the restaurant. Again, it was very outdated and a bit dirty…spiders, webs, peeling wallpaper, etc, but it was clean enough and, again, we weren’t in the room that often. To be honest, we used the hotel mainly to crash, so we really didn’t take advantage of the facilities (pool, etc.) because we were sightseeing around Stowe and neighboring towns, so I can’t speak for those items. As for the free breakfast, we never heard anything about it…either time we stayed (maybe because we booked through Expedia??) so, again, I can’t comment on the breakfast. The only real gripe I had was the noise from the people above us. They weren’t overly obnoxious or loud…we couldn’t hear their tv or voices, but the sounds of them walking above us was constant. The acoustics are awful! And they were up both mornings at 5 a.m.!! Sounds like we’re being picky, but believe me, it wakes you up and you can’t go back to sleep. Other than that, it’s a prime location…central to everything. Water in the shower ran hot (which I love!) and there weren’t any other issues. I would stay here again (just not in the lower rooms).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, we stayed two nights. Beautiful large property with huge outdoor pool, tennis courts, indoor pool w/hot tub and sauna. I love this place! It is outdated and can use some sprucing up, but I like the country feel and the staff is friendly and the breakfast is outstanding. We stayed in the tennis court/pool building which is located at the back of the property. I prefer this building since it's not near the main road. I look forward to returning next year. I definitely recommend this hotel for couples or families with children.

Room Tip: request a room in the pool/tennis court building. Large room without the noise from the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Wonderful place at a great rate with breakfast included.
Walk to Stowe.. Walking trails in place.. Head to downtown or on trails
Rooms comfy and lots of windows. Pool (outdoor and in) Hot tub
Really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Like the rooms by the tennis court. Large and near the trails
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night, and found the place fine. Yes, it was a little dated, but it was great for the four of us. The room was quite large. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool, which was clean. The free breakfast was fantastic. Better than the "Free" breakfast you would get anywhere else.
As far as the uncaring staff reviews that I have read here, I have to disagree. We were headed to Old Orchard Beach for the week and were trying to find a hotel off the highway. There were no rooms anywhere. We were directed to a hotel spa nearby, but the rooms were way overpriced. So my wife used their computer to find the Town and Country which we had just passed by. She called them up and asked if we could get two rooms. It was about 10:30 at night. The person told her they were closed. My wife told them we were just up the road. He opened up just for us. I think that is pretty good customer service. As a result, we may head back up there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank waynerb66
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I spent two nights here recently and from the moment I walked into the room I knew this place wasn't going to be up to standard. My biggest complaint is that it wasn't very clean - this place definitely needs updating. The staff seemed friendly and the pool looked good but not enough to make we want to go back - for under $100 there must be better spots in the area.

Room Tip: For a quieter night's sleep ask for a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo