All reviews tennis courts court building indoor pool stayed here for one night hot tub bike path updated rooms bit worn breakfast staff free breakfast winter months location is excellent musty smell minute drive beds were comfortable off season large room
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Did three nights here while trying to get my last turns in for the ski season in late March. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice enough and clean. Bathroom was smallish but also clean and everything worked well, including the hot water/shower. Wireless internet available and worked fine. Breakfast included in my package was good. Located on Stowe access road near Route 100 and is about 15 -20 minutes from the Stowe base depending on traffic. I did not use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on that. I did use the heater in the room and it was not noisy and worked well. TV was a contemporary flat screen and worked fine. All in all, I was very satisfied and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was in Stowe for a women's hockey tournament and signed up last minute for a room at Town & Country by chance as it had a vacancy. The rate was very reasonable and when I arrived I was informed that they were going to upgrade me to a larger room. We were given a cool, rustic loft type room (#59) that had so much character and was very large. We enjoyed our stay very much and got great customer service from the staff. In the evening, we called down needing a battery for the TV remote and a light bulb for one that had blown out and received both quickly from a quiet but professional individual. When I left I forgot my curling iron in the bathroom and received a call from the Inn saying they found it and would hold it for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2012

They seem to run a bus pretty often for them. If you are not a ski person, don't go here. Beds were clean and comfortable. Shower made awful vibrating noise. Dry heater came on every 10 minutes, and was also very noisy. You will likely be too tired to notice the heater. Food served in their lounge, but not for lunch. Subway and Gas Station is right next door.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Nestled in the beautiful mountain town of Stowe, Vermont lies the Town and Country Resort. We visited this property at the end of November, just after the Thanksgiving holiday. A fresh snowfall on the ground made for a picture perfect setting in this quiet town. We stayed in one of the resorts “family rooms” which was equipped with 2 queen beds and 2 sofa beds. The room was large, by any standard, and rather rustic looking, as well, with the hard wood ceiling and beams up above. We stayed at an especially quiet time of year for Stowe. I believe we were the only guests staying in this particular building. The property itself has 3 separate buildings. One is located adjacent to the outdoor pool, the other near the tennis courts and finally the main building, at the front, which is also attached to the hotel office.

For leisure, the resort also features an indoor pool, sauna, and jacuzzi. In the summertime, they also have a large outdoor pool area, as well. We also stayed at this property 2 other times, both during the summer months. During this time, we also stayed in the other family room with 3 double beds, just steps away from the pool. This room is also very large. The kids could not get enough of the outdoor pool. Another perk of this property is that it is located directly off the Stowe Recreation path. Perfect for a leisurely stroll during the summer or fall months before the snow comes. Also, during the summer the resort offers a full breakfast with most of their room packages. Per their website, this is also offered during the winter and the fall foliage seasons. Breakfast is served either inside the banquet style restaurant or outside on the patio during the summer. Unfortunately, when we were staying the restaurant was closed. We would have certainly given them business if they were open.

One characteristic I've noticed with this property is that everything is kept very clean and well maintained throughout. It's obvious the owners of this property attend to both the rooms and the public areas with lots of attention to detail. The area of this resort, also can not be beat. It is just up the road from the downtown shopping area of Stowe, Close enough to be just a couple minute drive down the road, yet far enough to be away from the minor traffic congestion in that part of town at certain times of year. In November, the last time we stayed, it was very quiet.

I've traveled quite a bit around the northeast for family getaways. I must stay that Stowe is right at the top of my list. This is the 3rd time we stayed at this resort. We plan to return to Town and Country again and again for our family trips. Sure, there may be a few other more luxurious accommodations in Stowe, but at a much higher price tag well above our range. It's not like we can afford a $200.00 massage in one of the SPA hotels up the road, anyway. But, in my opinion, this resort offers everything we would need or want. A tranquil relaxing setting, spacious rooms which meet our family's needs, and plenty of recreation options. Perhaps the most important, the opportunity to just sit back and relax. At least for us, this is what vacation is all about. Stowe and this well maintained resort make this more than possible.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, opt for one of the resort's Family Room. If you want to be close to the indoor/outdoor pools, request the pool building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ctstormwatcher
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This place is way overpriced. The mattress we had was worn out so we rolled into eachother all night, the walls and ceilings are super thin so we listened to our neighbors get after it and drunken people outside in the middle of the night, and then we woke up early because we were right under the office and the staff started walking around above us. The blanket were worn out and thin and the room, for 150$, didnt come with a microwave or fridge.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple