“We had a nice stay”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The price was very good for the Stowe. We had a room with a bathroom, which was a little bit old, but quite clean. The room had a fridge and microwave. Room was clean but there was a smell of something moldy. Inn is located near many fine bars and restaurants, the way to the mountains was simple. Great thing was you can borrow a bike from the owners (for free!) and there is a lovely recreation trail just behind the inn. Generaly: pretty good quality for a good price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour. the owners were really friendly, and accomoded all the requests of everyone who was staying. The rooms were nice and clean, and nothing too fancy. Just a nice and comfortable place to stay for a few nights. would stay here again if i am ever in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We called last minute having never stayed before and got a dog friendly room. I skied but my wife doesn't and I accidentally took the car keys with me as I skied with a friend. This left my wife and dog stranded in the room and unable to check out on time. The hosts completely and graciously accommodated them until I got back after four allowing them to stay dog, bags, and wife in the room until I arrived. We were very embarrassed by our mistake, but the hosts were just fantastic to us.

So, great price, clean room with nice view and comfortable bed all on the shuttle and walking path and great, gracious hosts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed in one of the motel rooms, and it was exactly what I expected for such a low price. A little shabby, but was clean, the room was large and roomy, and having a fridge and microwave in your room for a ski weekend is always a bonus. The Inn is on the mountain side of Stowe but still super close to shopping and dining. Really the only complaint would be that the shower curtains were overdue for a change. Overall we were very pleased.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here while riding at Stowe & Sugarbush. I was solo, but my room had two dbls and a twin sized bed, all for under $100 a night over the weekend; so for a group, this would be a steal. I stayed in one of the motel units in the back, which was nice and quiet, not that anyplace along the access road is real noisy. The room was nothing special; I'm guessing the place was built back in the 50s, judging from the fact it shared many features with the house my grandfather built. This was quaint, but also reflected 60+ years of wear and tear; not dirty, but not luxurious. It is what it is, a total steal for Stowe; I would easily stay here again, but I wouldn't try to impress a woman with it. Another perk is it's location, directly next to Piecasso which makes great food and serves some awesome local brews; try anything by Hill Farmstead or Lawsons and/or the Heady Topper. Super close to the mountain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is not a fancy place, but the rooms are neat, tidy, and clean. The location is great, midway between the mountain and the village with many good restaurants within walking distance. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the main house, and newer motel type units behind the main house that can accommo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at the Riverside Inn during our road trip around America and we both agree that this place was the best place we stayed in the whole two months. Julian and Kay are just amazing (always there to offer advice and help in any way they can) and make you feel so welcome in their lovely home. The rooms are great, location perfect and it is incredible value for money in Stowe. We really could not recommend this place enough and we cannot wait for our return trip. Julian and Kay have nailed it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends