“Thumbs Up”

Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge
Ranked #7 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2006

The Hob Knob is a nice place to stay in Stowe and very close to the ski area of the same name. The Inn is comprised of a main building that contains a few units, the dining room, and a lounge as well as a separate two-story building with around sixteen units. It is located on a large wooded lot that is removed from the road and wonderfully quiet. We took a room in the separate building with two queen beds and no fireplace. It was neat, large, and clean. The hosts, Barbara and Bob, are friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were fine. Coffee needs to much stronger, though.

• Stayed: February 2006

Reviewed January 30, 2006

We have traveled to Stowe many, many times, but not in several years. We chose this property based on their pet friendliness & pleasant reviews on this web site. We stayed in the lodge in the rear which was set on a lovely piece of property, set back from Mountain Road. We had lots of space in the room which was great as we traveled with our teenage son & small dog. The bath & vanity area was spacious, the kitchenette helpful for morning coffee & snacks.

The dining room was very warm & inviting, pleasant service and the food was simply delicious. (I highly recommend the steaks which were perfectly prepared).

Our maid Vera did an excellent job with the room & even left treats for our dog.

The nicest part about staying here were the very kind innkeepers, Bob & Barbara. They were very pleasant to talk with and do everything they can to make you feel at home. Our dog also enjoyed meeting canine residents Belle & Stoli.

The Hob Knob Inn was like home away from home & a very pleasant experience for us all!!

Reviewed September 14, 2005

My husband and I truly love the Hob Knob Inn ! We don't like to leave our dog home when we travel. We called ahead to make sure he could stay.
" of course!" was the reply. They have pet rooms that are very comfortable and clean and acreage for him to play with the owners dogs,Bella and Stoli. The food is prepared by Barbara Fisher, don't pass up the creme brulee french toast for breakfast !!!!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank lmcneish
A TripAdvisor Member
Chester, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2005

We have stayed at the Hob Knob a few times in the past couple of ski seasons. We have always been treated warmly by Bob and Barbara the owners. Each visit was pleasant and without incidents. Until last March's trip. It seemed everything was going wrong for us, our car lost it's 4 wheel drive on our way to the Inn ... Bob towed us in. By the time we recovered from the trip and made it down to dinner it was very late ... Bob and Barbara kept the kitchen open and served a great meal. (The food is always excellent) Up the next morning and the car would not start .... After Bob tried to jump it, we realized it was more than just a battery. ...Bob arranged for the local shop to tow and fix it. I over heard him emphasize to the repair shop owner that I was a Hob Knob guest, in other words ... he's with me. I don't think it was a coincidence that the repair cost was very resonable for a resort type town like Stowe. Oh, after the car was towed to the shop I realized the skis were still in it. ... Bob drove us down town to pick them up. Finally, Barbara not only gave my son and I tokens for the bus to the mountain but offered many options to my non-skiing wife. Bob and Barbara were the most helpful hosts when we needed it. We are looking forward to our next visit. We highly recommend the Hob Knob.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Connecticut
Reviewed February 15, 2005

I would like to thank Bob and Barbara for such a great weekend. My boyfriend (now fiance) and I had a beautiful room with a wonderful oak bed, with a whirlpool, and fireplace. It was the most romantic weekend of my life. We ate dinner in the restaurant and Bob carved a 32oz steak for my fiance which was cooked perfectly. The atmosphere of the restaurant and the inn were so inviting and I am looking forward to our visit next year.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2005

My husband and I visit Stowe, VT, several times a year. We have enjoyed every season in Stowe, each one spent at the Hob Knob. We have always been given a pleasant room that has been clean and updated with all amenities one could ask for.
We have spent time in the lounge, it is comfortable and warm. The dining room is cozy and inviting and the food is always delicious. They have a wonderful cook!
The Inn keepers, Bob and Barbara Fisher, and their dog are friendly and always willing to please.
We look forward to our next visit in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank cynthiala03153
Reviewed February 14, 2005

I have been traveling to New England for over 25 years like to stay at different places. A friend suggested the Hob Knob Inn in Stowe and we loved it. I stayed with my wife and 3 and 5-year old boys. What a wonderful place. The inn keepers were above friendly and made us feel right at home. We usually spend more time in our room but found it hard to leave the lobby which was very relaxing, friendly and comfortable. The other guests must have felt the same as we were rarely alone.

The room was very roomy, cozy and everything you could ask for. We had a kitchenette which we needed as my youngest child is a special needs child and we needed to prepare and refrigerate his medicines. The fire place was a great accent and exactly what we wanted at the end of a day of skiing.

Surprisingly the restaurant was equally pleasing, if not better. We expected to eat meals in our room but the food was so delicious and fresh, we spent several nights in the restaurant.

We will definitely return to the Hob Knob.

2  Thank pjpandbp