Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge
$72
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$103
Hotels.com
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$85
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$83
$78
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
Hotels.com
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$118
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$208
$172
  • Pool
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$194
$175
Edson Hill(Stowe)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmountain roadcontinental breakfastcheck in was quicksmall kitchenetteour room was spaciousyogurtking bedapres skia nice place to staya great staynew englandhot tubfireplacevermontdrivewayaccommodationspond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I spent Thanksgiving weekend at the Hob Knob and were a bit disappointed with the accommodations and the fact that the dining room was closed for renovations. The suite consisted of a large living/kitchen area with a gas fireplace (which we were told was the only heat source), and a separate bedroom with a king size bed. The bathroom, which was unheated except for heat from fireplace, contained a jacuzzi/shower. Problem there was the low water pressure to try to fill the tub. The carpet in living area was stained and the furniture was old and when sat on caused one to sink. The fully equip kitchen area lacked paper towels and we had to use bathroom towels. There were no "guest" soaps, instead we found refillable pump bottles. The view was great as was the king size bed. Value wasn't so great.

Room Tip: As you probably know, on line photos can be deceiving
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
HobKnobInn, Owner at Hob Knob Inn, Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

We apologize that your stay with us was not exceptional, which is what we strive for here at the Hob Knob. Our restaurant is closed seasonally. Thanks to you response it is apparent that our website updates about restaurant hours do not provide enough exposure. There was some confusion about the heat, the fireplace is the main heat source for the room which has an internal thermostat to keep the room heated to the temperature you desire. The bathroom has an additional heater controlled by yet another thermostat, because it is a large room. Sorry the paper towels were not restocked and we only wish we were aware our mistake. The refillable soap is in compliance with our "Green Inn in the Green Mountain State" status, as we try to protect the environment by eliminating unnecessary waste. Again my apologies and I hope my response has been helpful to you.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Staying at this Inn is great they treat you like family, breakfast is great , fresh and home
cooking adds that personal touch to your stay. Barbara bakes something different each morning for you to snack on before your breakfast. You need ideas of what to see or where
to shop they will tell you and they always have discount coupons for the various stores.
I love this place I don't go anywhere else when I am in Vermont.

Nanisa

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have been coming to Stowe for many years. Always brought our motor home but due to mechanical problems, we stayed at Stowe Mountain Lodge a couple of times, Lovely, expensive and totally impersonal. We decided to try Hob Knob Inn over Labor Day and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. COuldn't have asked for anything better. We liked it so much we came back for Columbus Day and again, everything was excellent. Hats off to the owners - they are GREAT!! We'll be back next year. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The owners are as warm and welcoming as they get, along with two well-trained but super friendly dogs. There is a restaurant in the building with the office and the motel is behind that up the hill a short drive. We had great expectations for this place and were spending several days.

Once we got to our room, things went a bit downhill. Just inside the entry door to the hallway, there was a couch that I'm sure our son's fraternity left outside too long ten years ago. Yuck. The carpeting is cheap industrial with stains everywhere. The furniture probably cost a total of $200 and the bed had to be a donation (soft and uncomfortable). One of our windows was broken and the toilet sounded like a fire alarm every time it was flushed. The "full breakfast" was rubbery scrambled eggs, lukewarm pancakes and nice crisp bacon. If you stay here, don't bother eating here. There are great options in town.

"Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?".

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JMETravel
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We really enjoyed my stay in Stow at the Hob Knob Inn. The staff made sure we had an excellent experience. Can't wait to come back during ski season. I have spent a lot more for a lot less at some of the other bed and breakfasts in Stowe. I would definitely come back and recommend it to my friends. I was concerned from the reviews that I would be hungry after breakfast but I think the Hob Knob must have responded to the previous comments about food because breakfast was fantastic. The property was well maintained and the staff extremely friendly. Nothing was missing from my stay. I was expecting less for the price but they exceeded my expectations. I had a fantastic stay in Stowe and highly recommend the Hob Knob Inn. I would like to thank the staff for making our stay so much fun. The owners of the inn are hilarious and really try to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. True hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends