“Fine”
Review of Commodores Inn

Commodores Inn
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've stayed at a few different hotels in Stowe, the Commodores Inn being the most affordable. The room was a good size but the overall feel and look of the room was very outdated. I thought the lobby was charming so I was initially disappointed when I saw the room. Keeping in mind the price, it was ok. This is also a pet friendly hotel if that makes a difference. Don't get me wrong, I think this hotel is fine if your expectation is in line and you do not expect luxury. If you expect a simple, clean, outdated room at a good price, you will be happy.

Room Tip: Be careful not to get the room next to the pool/hot tub. (if you do, be prepared to hear a constant...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JudyC820
commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad that over all you had a nice stay. I am sorry that our rooms may be a bit outdated. I am glad that you felt they were very clean though.

We try to do updates as often and as much as we can afford to do. It may be rather lucky that we cannot afford to update everything at once because our rates would then have to go up. When people come here they are usually looking for an affordable stay.

Some of our latest updates are new chairs in the dining room, painting inside and outside and new carpeting in the public areas...i.e. Lobby, halls and stairs. My husband is about to buy new bedspreads for the rooms very soon. So we are trying to keep thinks fresh as much as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you again someday.

Carrie Nourjian

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed one night in August 2013 when I was in the area to run a race and just needed a place to stay the night before. The hotel is worn; our room, though large, was slightly musty smelling; the beds were just ok; and the bathroom was teeny. Free coffee in the lobby was a plus. The hotel seemed very overpriced for the accommodations, until I realized that the property has a private lake, free canoes and kayaks, a pool, and other amenities that we had no intention of using. If you plan to use all that stuff, then this hotel is a good value, but if not, the price is too high for a very average and dated hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I visited from Friday, August 14 to Monday, August 19. When we arrived we were told our room would not be ready until between 4:30 and 5:00. We were getting a pet friendly room and it was clean, but no screen on the window and we had to put a towel so that no bugs would come in through the space in the window. We informed the desk and was told it would be taken care of but it wasn't. Also the blanket on one of the beds had 3 big rips in it from a bigger dog than ours. I also asked that it be changed but it wasn't. The weather was beautiful and the area is so nice that these things did not spoil it for us. Maybe we will consider another hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Although very dated the hotel was super clean, and that's most important. The indoor hot tub at the pool was down but the two in the fitness cemter were operational. The pool outside was nice and they had boats to use on thier pond. The staff was super friendly and there was a restaurant in the hotel everyone seemed to love, which is good because the town closes at like 5, restaurants at like 8. Overall if your just looking for a place to crash for the night and hangout for a few hours, this place is perfect especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was looking for a not too expensive place to stay with my brother, his wife and their two kids. This hotel was good. We initially planned for two days but then decided to stay an additional night.
The rooms are big and clean (the bathroom is small however).
Staff in general is friendly and helpful.
There are two pools (the kids loved them) and a pond with canoe/kayak which is a plus.
There is also a buffet restaurant which is fine.
For a romantic week-end I might look for something more upscale but I think it is a very good option for group/family.

Room Tip: Some rooms have poor Wifi (203-207) Rooms at the front above entrance have more noise. People chatt...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Let me get the bad out of the way and tell you that the lobby coffee is weak and oh so bad. But hey there are lots of places to get excellent coffee in town. My two besties and I stayed here for a girls' week-end. We were trying to keep the cost down since we are all facing big-ticket expenses coming up. What a great deal we got. Loved the clean room and space. Yes, the rooms are dated, but for what we paid, it was right on. Aside from one dog yapping for a day in a room across the hall, the place was peaceful and comfortable. We will go back another time for a girls' week-end for sure. I recommend this hotel for comfort and value. Too bad the weather stunk or we would have enjoyed their beautiful pool and 3-acre pond! Thank you, Commodores Inn! And like I always say, don't forget to tip the chambermaids!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel however the rooms needed to be updated and fresh carpet installed. I have been here several times and have not been disappointed once.
The lobby is inviting and the staff are very friendly and are very accommodating.
Indoor and outdoor pools that looked clean. 2 hot tubs. Even though the hotel was booked up with a bunch of 12-16 year olds for a lacrosse tournament, they were well behaved.
Our room was on the first floor right near the hot tubs and game rooms and when they closed at 10:00pm everything was quiet. Large king sized bed was very low to the floor and a bit saggy. It actually ended up being very comfortable in spite of it's looks. The restaurant looked out over the pond and the dinner buffet and the breakfast buffet were very good although a bit pricey. It was worth it not to have to find a place to eat. Given the area, I'm sure that anyplace that we would have eaten would have been expensive! I haven't been to the Commodores Inn in several year but recognized some of the same kitchen help. Had a great time there and would stay again! Loved it!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms in the front are ground level so if you have your large windows (which open BT...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family