“Dinner”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barrow Road
Description: Crop Bistro & Brewery is conveniently located on the Mountain Road in beautiful Stowe, Vermont with stunning interiors and ambiance featuring Peter Miller photographs, a legendary pub, and a beautiful hand crafted lounge bar. Summers offer an outdoor bar and patio dining located directly off the Stowe Recreation Path. The restaurant features American cuisine utilizing fresh local and regional ingredients, even some grown in our garden in our backyard! Along with great food, Crop Bistro and Brewery offers in house brewed ales and lagers, as well as simple, innovative cocktails, spirits and wine.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Slow service, but the server was only in his second week, so we'll let that slide. The food is fantastic! They brew many different beers, with thier IPA being my favorite.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a great meal here, ate outside in the back for lunch- peaceful and quiet and a great meal! We ordered a gyro and a reuben. Both were so yummy, very filling and made perfectly. My husband was a bit upset that the gyro was with chicken and not lamb, but he didn't read the description fully so it was his own fault - it tasted great though.

Service was great.

We ate here this past winter, and eating inside felt too stuffy… not that it's a fancy restaurant, but too prim and proper for what we were going for and the menu items (for dinner at least) felt too formal. They do have a 'bar' side of the restaurant, but that was a bit too loud during the winter so we ate in the dining room. The room is beautiful and relaxed enough (stainless-topped tables), but it felt more formal. We ordered a hamburger (great tasting- but served on a very strange bun - still don't know what that was) and the fish and chips (not so great).

Overall, we really enjoyed it in the summer. There's a great little food garden out back and the hostess (perhaps owner) allowed me to take a few of her sunflowers on display that her purveyor for Shelburne dropped off with the items they purchase for the restaurant… a very nice touch. If CROP owner/manager reads this review - please pass my thanks on to her!!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I used to go to this place when it was known as The Shed because I loved the beer and the fireplace. When it first reopened as The Crop, it was great. We loved the dishes and the fact that they locally sourced everything. Went there again recently and the place was empty. They have changed the menu to be more fancy and it is not for the better. It seems like a trend in Stowe lately that the regular restaurants are trying to be more chi chi with their menus so they can charge more. The service wasn't great either, they have definitely lost my business.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We miss The Shed but The Crop is a great replacement. The micro brewery provides some really nice seasonal beers that are fun to try. The food is very family friendly as is the atmosphere. The patio is great in the summer because it is right on the bike path and bike racks are provided if you want to stop for a drink, snack or meal. Service is great and friendly.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge at the Stoweflake. The meal my husband and I had was by far the best I have had in several months. I had a kale salad for an appetizer that was to die for. I had scallops that were pan seared. Very succulent and flavorful. My husband had a pork shank that was falling off the bone. I noticed that behind me were a family with 3 small children. This is not a kid friendly place in terms of the food, but they were so accommodating in terms of making up some pasta and grilled cheese etc for the young ones. What is the biggest drawback is the service. It was terrible. It started out ok but I literally thought our waitress left the building in the middle of our meal. It was not crowded at all. I was confused. The manager was running around delivering food to other tables so it clearly wasn't a misconception. Our waitress did apologize once but unfortunately that did not redeem the situation as the waiting continued throughout our dining experience. Crop is an absolutely wonderful place for food, they just need to get the waitstaff snapped into shape.