“Excellent food for lunch, good for dinner.”
Review of Crop Bistro and Brewery - CLOSED

Crop Bistro and Brewery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barrow Road
Description: Crop Bistro & Brewery is conveniently located on the Mountain Road in beautiful Stowe, Vermont with stunning interiors and ambiance featuring Peter Miller photographs, a legendary pub, and a beautiful hand crafted lounge bar. Summers offer an outdoor bar and patio dining located directly off the Stowe Recreation Path. The restaurant features American cuisine utilizing fresh local and regional ingredients, even some grown in our garden in our backyard! Along with great food, Crop Bistro and Brewery offers in house brewed ales and lagers, as well as simple, innovative cocktails, spirits and wine.
Enfield, Connecticut
“Excellent food for lunch, good for dinner.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went there for lunch on Thursday, had a fantastic bratwurst and sauerkraut plate, very reasonably priced. Loved the food, went back on Saturday with friends for dinner. Got a younger guy with a bit of an attitude for a waiter (Shaine) I asked him if they had the Bratwurst and he said no, that was on their "winter menu." Really? They were serving it on July 4th, and two days later they were not. Never realized July 4th was "winter." Regardless, the dinner food was good, but not as good as the lunch. Beer wasn't that great, they need to step up their game, as they are in the land of the awesome micro-brews, and in the former building of one of the best, the Shed.

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
“Great brew and dinner”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A microbrewery and restaurant. Great pulled pork sandwich and the William London Ale. A great farm to table spot, and they compost. Outdoor seating closed when I was there, but looks comfortable. Also on the Rec Path.

Visited July 2013
Bedford MA
“Inventive twists on bistro menu and incredibly fresh food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went to Crop Bistro for lunch and sat on the lovely back patio. The appetizer of daily pickles was a very pleasant surprise- pickled cabbages, white beets, and fiddleheads all crisp and tangy. We philistines had been expecting, I dunno, garlic dills, bread and butters and sweet gherkins. Crop did us so much better. The greens in my Cobb salad were so fresh they may have picked them that morning. And the generous slabs of bacon and crisp hand cut fries with my son's turkey club were hard to resist. Plus they have their own micro-brews, which if you're a beer aficionado you can weigh against the many craft beer options in the area. Service got a little slow, they may have been under-staffed, but was pleasant and professional. Definitely recommend. Will be back next time I'm in town.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“What a disappointment!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I went to lunch today at 12:40pm. We had a 10 minute wait for a patio table, so we went to the bar and my husband had a microbrew, which was excellent. However,we had to wait awhile for any service. We then went to the patio for lunch. After a considerable wait, we finally were waited on. My husband ordered the kale salad and I ordered a turkey BLT. We waited, and waited, and waited for lunch. Finally,40 minutes later our sald and sandwich arrived. We both felt the food was mediocre, and the service was terrible. The wait help seemed to be waiting on customers both inside and on the patio, which appeared to cause a lot of confusion and disorganization. With so many good restaurants in Stowe, I would not return nor recommend.

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Kale Caesar - Hale Ceasar”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The best tasting Kale Caesar Salad ever that I had. Perfect with anchovies too! great environment to be in

Visited June 2013