“Easter Brunch”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barrow Road
Description: Crop Bistro & Brewery is conveniently located on the Mountain Road in beautiful Stowe, Vermont with stunning interiors and ambiance featuring Peter Miller photographs, a legendary pub, and a beautiful hand crafted lounge bar. Summers offer an outdoor bar and patio dining located directly off the Stowe Recreation Path. The restaurant features American cuisine utilizing fresh local and regional ingredients, even some grown in our garden in our backyard! Along with great food, Crop Bistro and Brewery offers in house brewed ales and lagers, as well as simple, innovative cocktails, spirits and wine.
Montpelier, Vermont
“Easter Brunch”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

An outstanding variety of local fresh ingredients created a culinary treat for our family of 4 for Easter Brunch. From the poached eggs on salmon cakes, the diverse salad choices, local cheese served with crackers made from scratch and the pastry/baker chief made the best scones I have ever had!

Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Such a great taste of VT”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've eaten at Crop on several occasions for a variety of reasons; with family, clients as well as attending social mixers and I have to say, it's only getting better and better. The food is different but not foreign. They seem to like to put their own Vermont spice on traditional means by including local ingredients in a new and different way. By "spice", i don't literally mean spice.

For instance, yesterday I was between ordering the fish n' chips and the house chili which included goat cheese. My waiter stated that the fish n' chips was a very popular menu choice but the chili really depended on your interest in goat cheese. I went with the chili and it was delicious!

Since my previous visit, they've added the brewery and have great variety of choices for all palates; porters, stouts, ales, hefe's etc.

Definitely a great stop for any occasion.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mark P
Highland Mills, NY
“Not so good.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Right from the start there was an attitude of indifference here. No one on the dining room floor seemed to care much about the diner's experience. We waited for someone to come seat us. There were uncleared tables all over the restaurant. We waited a long time for our server to come by our table initially. She never came by to check on us after bringing our order out. It just seemed like the bare minimum effort was put into service here.
The cheddar beer soup was served with a film on the top, like it sat. The fried pickles were cut strangely. The pulled pork sandwich was so so, but the fries were good. The fish and chips were ok, but not better than average. I guess we were hoping that it would be better than it was.The menu selection did not give us a farm fresh impression at all. We won't give it another try when we return to Stowe again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“unusual fare”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

food was different, not traditional fare. Offered a lot of vegan and gluten free options. Also, offers live music in the evenings. Very close to hotel, easy walk.

Visited March 2013
Bournemouth
“Impressive menu, quality ingredients ... But a burnt dinner :-(”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I would love to give Crop a 4 or 5 rating as on the whole, everything we had was delicious. Save for one issue.

We chose to sit in the bar area as it had more of an adult atmosphere (the restaurant area is very child friendly), which we found a little chilly so on reflection it may have been more comfortable to put up with all the kids!

Three of us shared calamari for a starter, which was plenty for three and really delicious. My two companions very much enjoyed their meals - a burger and the gumbo stew, and I chose the scallops on risotto. The risotto was fabulous, light and moist, and the scallops were huge. Unfortunately, during cooking the butter had been burnt, which meant that the scallops tasted burnt and not of scallop, which was such a shame as it was really well presented and looked fabulous. Being a reserved Brit, I didn't send it back, and instead ate it, tried to slice off the most offensive tasting edges, and informed the waitress at the end of the meal. They did take a glass of fizz off my bill, which was good of them,and I suspect would have provided another meal if I had sent it back, so really it's partly my mistake for not being forthcoming.

But it was such a cooking error that I'm afraid I can't give more than an average rating as a good chef should not make this mistake.