“Great family stay in an awesome location”

Stowe Motel & Snowdrift
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great family stay in an awesome location”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife, kids (ages 5 and 7), and I stayed in one of the efficiencies for 2 nights in August 2013. I had initially planned to stay in Burlington, but realized we could stay right in the beautiful mountains for MUCH cheaper. Our room was large, clean, and very comfortable.
The location is great! We were able to walk to several places and it was a quick 10 minute drive to the gondola which we rode and then went hiking on some amazing trails. The kids cooled off in the pool and were very happy.
The drive into town for groceries was about 5 minutes. Between the tasty and hearty breakfast and a few groceries, we really didn't have to visit the nearby restaurants. We also used the free bikes and helmets to take a nice ride on the nearby trail.

The staff was very nice! If we ever head back to VT, we'll definitely stay at the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift. Mike (from Minnesota)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
stowemotel, Manager at Stowe Motel & Snowdrift, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive review and great comments about our property! Thank you for choosing our property and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 10, 2013

When visiting Stowe, VT this past August, my husband and I (and our cockapoo, Sophie) were looking for a simple but nice 1-night overnight.
What a beautiful place we stumbled upon at the end of the afternoon. Not only were we THRILLED that they had rooms that were pet friendly, but found we had all the luxuries of an outdoor pool, bike path, bike rentals, kitchenette, and stellar, immaculately clean and modern rooms! We enjoyed the pool, the spacious, open green lawn with patio furniture, the continental breakfast and the bike path the next morning for a walk in the country! The staff was so welcoming and friendly we will highly recommend this resort to our friends and definitely come back again! Glad we found you!

Room Tip: Corner room close to pool is awesome!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you for rating us a 5 out of 5! We are so happy that you had a chance to enjoy many of our amenities! Thank you for choosing our property and we hope to see you again!
New Jersey
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Beautiful area. Comfortable clean room, friendly service and nice breakfast. Definitely will go back when in Vermont. Lots of restaurants in the area. After a long day of driving, we were happy to be able to walk to dinner at a restaurant nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marybee522
Thank you for great review and for your wonderful comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our property. We really appreciate you sharing your positive experience with Trip Advisor.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Geart value, clean rooms, ans a few extras make the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift the BEST place to stay in Stowe VT. From the time you check in with the friendly owner and staff, you will know you have made the right choice. I would recommend this establishment to anyone, and I am already planning on going back for next year's Balloon Festival.

For VALUE, it can't be beat. My friend and I were looking at one well-known lodge, but found it a little out of our price range. Did a quick search on TripAdvisor, and found one nearby -- the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift -- for less than half. But do not think that less money means less accommodations. The rooms were clean (though some may find them a tad small), and they had everything you would need, including instant coffee, TV (with more channels than I've seen anywhere), and even a DVD player. (You can borrow DVDs in the office.)

Did I mention the FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST? Yogurt, bagels, instant oatmeal, pasteries, toast, and, of course, coffee and tea. The little cafe itself only seats about 16 or so, but if you're and early riser, you should have to trouble finding a seat.

While at breakfast, we met two couples, each of whom were visiting the motel for the umpteenth time. Return travelers are always a good sign that we picked the right motel, not that we needed any validation.

And speaking of free, there's the FREE WIFI. Other reviewers have commented on the spotty reception, but I had no trouble getting a connection. (My frugality encompasses everything, including my not having a data plan and having to rely on WiFi when I travel.) I encountered no delays with the WiFi.

I could go one and on -- coffee and tea all day in the office, proximity to town and to Mount Mansfield -- but let me finish with the owners / staff. Very helpful, very efficient, and very friendly. If you want to see or do any of the touristy stuff around Stowe, please check with the office first. They gave us a 25% off coupon for the Mt. Mansfield gondola ride.

We didn't use the other amenities, such as the pool and the hot tub and the bikes (all free!). That will be on my list when I return next July -- if not sooner. I would recommend the Stowe Hotel & Snowdrift to anyone without hesitation.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for rating us a 5 out of 5! We really appreciate your wonderful comments and we are really pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast as well as our other amenities. Thank you again for recommending us on Trip Advisor!
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a place to stay for one night in our travels from Burlington to Manchester and he wanted to stay around Stowe. We found this place on Tripadvisor and it is a great place to stay. We didn't take advantage of all the amenities but the rooms were clean, spacious and Penny was very friendly. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in Vermont!

• Stayed September 2013
stowemotel, Manager at Stowe Motel & Snowdrift, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for great review and for your wonderful comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our property. We hope you can visit us again next year. Thank you again for recommending us on Trip Advisor!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights August 17 to 19th. I needed a place to relax while I dropped my son off to school at Norwich University in Northfield, VT. This place is perfect! My son and I rode our free Stowe Motel bikes down the Stowe recreation trail. It was good exercise and beautiful! We stopped on a bridge to watch a mama beaver and her 2 young ones at work. We grabbed a burger at The Blue Donkey which is about 1/2 way if you ride both sides of the trail. It was not crowded just before dark. The owner of the hotel allowed me to use her personal computer and printer to print my return boarding passes. The owner is nice and full of great travel information. The free bikes are in great shape! My room was spotless! The free breakfast was perfect for me as I am not a heavy morning eater. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I can't thank you enough for posting such a wonderful review on our property! The pictures are fabulous. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy our bikes and breakfast. Thank you again for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and sharing your Stowe experiences.
yarker
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mr friend & I recently stayed for 1 night at this lovely motel on our way to New Hampshire. This was our favourite motel during our trip. We stayed at 3 motels during the week. The grounds were immaculate. The room was very clean although smelled a little musty when we first arrived. We could not get over how clean everything was. My friend thought they must have renovated because there was not a speck of dust on the blinds. It was nice having the little kitchenette too. We had brought some drinks & snacks so it was great being able to refreeze our freezer packs.

The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful. She explained all the amenities the motel offered along with a map to show us where breakfast was. Unfortunately we arrived late in the afternoon & left first thing in the morning so were unable to use any of the facilities except for the complimentary wi-fi & continental breakfast. The only downside to the motel was the size of their breakfast area. It was rather small & crowded so we didn't even get to figure out what was available to eat. It was very difficult getting at the food.

When I return to Stowe I will definitely stay at The Stowe Motel & Snowdrift & hopefully it will be for more than 1 evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for great review and for your wonderful comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our property. We appreciate the positive comments as well as suggestions for improvement. We hope to see you again!