I stayed here with my wife and 2 children for 3 nights between Christmas & New Year's. The hotel has a wide variety of rooms in several buildings on a large property, because it is really 2 hotels that have been combined. We booked last minute during this popular vacation week and were able to get a room with 2 Queen beds, bath, and mini-fridge in the Snowdrift Lodge, which has motel style rooms on 2 levels. The room was adequate, but a bit small for 4 people. At least we knew what to expect because the hotel web site is very useful. It has photos and descriptions of all the room types. The decor is dated, but the room was clean and the staff was very helpful whenever we needed a restaurant recommendation or other information. There is no restaurant on the property, but there are plenty to choose from nearby, and continental breakfast is served in a small area in one of the other buildings. Offerings included bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, and bananas. You help yourself and can eat there, or carry it back to your room. The bagels were above average and the rest was fine. The property is about 4 miles from the Stowe ski area. You can drive or catch a free shuttle from the road running past the hotel. As a base to use for skiing, the hotel was fine. The price was reasonable for a hotel close to the mountain during a peak vacaton week. We had freinds who booked a much larger room that included a living area, kitchenette, a fireplace, and 2 bedrooms. The decor was similar to ours - nothing too fancy, but adequate for a few nights stay, and the price is right. If you want to go upscale, try the Trapp Family Lodge, 2 miles away, which we visited for drinks one night. They have a restaurant and a lounge with piano music in a beautiful setting on a hill. That hotel was originally built by the von Trapps, the family made famous by the show The Sound of Music. They bought the property after escaping from Austria during WW II. It reminded them of their homeland. You can pretend to be Julie Andrews romping on the hillside there, or you can save some bucks, stay at the Stowe Motel, and just rent the DVD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between picturesque Stowe Village and the Stowe Mountain Resort, the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift is situated on 16 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, bordered by the pristine Westbranch River. A variety of lodging including rooms, efficiencies, fireplace efficiencies, apartments, suites and houses is offered. Guests can partake in our continental breakfast, mountain bikes, snowshoes, hot tub, heated pools, tennis courts, game room and more. Free wireless is also available! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Stowe Motel & Snowdrift reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stowe Motel And Snowdrift
- Stowe Motel & Snowdrift Hotel Stowe
- Stowe Hotel Snowdrift
- Stowe Motel & Snowdrift Vermont