“Irish food in New England”
Review of O'Grady's Grill and Bar - CLOSED

O'Grady's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American, Irish, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had dinner in O'Grady's. Food was ok, service smooth and friendly. We did not take any starters and that proved to be a good decision. The main courses were of decent size.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on reviews, and their website indicated that there were 1/2 price entries on Sunday. When we got there, we found out the 1/2 price special was only during the off season. We decided to stay anyway. I had fish and chips and it was very good. The fish was very fresh and the batter was delicious. Portion size was tremendous. My husband and my sister had reuben sandwiches and they said they were really good. My son had a burger that was excellent. I would visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank Sue121
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We go to Stowe, VT every May and July and look forward to multiple trips to O'Grady's during our visits. Kevin, the owner is frequently behind the bar and is one of the most friendly bartenders we have ever met. Great beers, appetizers, atmosphere and friendly staff (we still need to try the meals there, but we hear from our family that its delicious which isn't a surprise). Great place for family dinners or a relaxing time at the bar with friends. Can't wait to get back there soon. Stop by O'Grady's, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I arrived in Stowe for the first time near the end of lunch time. I saw O' Grady's and pulled in thinking I'd get some predictable bar food. I was warmly received, and since it wasn't busy decided to eat at the bar. The bartender helped me decide on an appropriate beer (ah the joy of Vermont's craft beers!) I opted for the burger and it was definitely above average. It was served on a ciabatta which helped absorb all the juices. This is definitely a family run business and you feel like you are the recipients of their hospitality. Nicely done.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Discovered this place last summer. We love it. The food is excellent with things like shepards pie. Large portions, good selection of beer and the service is very, very good.