“Good atmosphere, great music and good food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of O'Grady's Grill and Bar - CLOSED

O'Grady's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, great music and good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch and dinner here. Food was good but not exceptional. Atmosphere was quite buzzy in the evening. Particular mention of lobster roll (yummy), corned beef hash and seared tuna. Good service although barmaid in the evening was very stretched

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Underbaked Lobster Pie”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We checked several restaurants, and decided O'Grady's was the best, primarily because we knew their special of the night was Lobster Pie, and we really were intrigued by this dish. The first thing my husband noticed was the lighting- it was very bright. It was not conducive to a nice dining experience. Perhaps they are aiming for a different clientele than what we assumed? Then, when the lobster pies were served, I could tell that the center of the dough was not completely baked, but I started to eat it anyway. Determining that it was unsatisfactory, my husband asked for them to be baked a bit longer. Five minutes later they came out and the crust was black! We pretended we didn't notice, because obviously there was no way to undo that, and we knew they had run out of lobster pies for the evening. We believe that they broiled the pies instead of baking them longer. Strange. The filling was delicious and the accompanying salad was very fresh and tasty. But for $27 a pie, we expected better quality. Sadly, we will not be returning.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Johnson, Vermont, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

the wait staff was great "Courtney",The seafood was awesome.my husband would go back again.the bathroom was very clean and the restaurant was very rustic.

Visited September 2013
franklin , ma
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were hungry enough to eat something light, but not enough for an entree, so the three of us (my parents and I ) all got appetizers. My mom had a cup of soup, my dad had the braised ribs, and I had a bread bowl of the chicken soup. They were all outstanding- especially the bread bowl! The atmosphere here was wonderful. My only complaint is that the ricotta lemon cake slice we got was very expensive- $8 for a smallish slice - everything else was very reasonably priced and very tasty - but $8 for one slice of cake is a bit much, despite it being delicious! Would definitely come here again, but would likely skip dessert. Lovely ambience, very down-home Vermont feel , and a great staff.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sbernardo123
Vinalhaven, Maine, United States
“Fine Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

There may be great food here but I never got past the Guinness of tap, creamy as it should be, and at the right temperature as well. Thanks to Chris the bartender, too!

Visited September 2013