“All. About the seafood!”
Review of O'Grady's Grill and Bar - CLOSED

O'Grady's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American, Irish, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Vermont
“All. About the seafood!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We first stopped here to feed people who had arrived on the late train at Waterbury. They were too hungry to make it home, so we just drove up the Mountain Road looking for something open on a Wednesday night and lucked into O'Grady's. Very good luck for us as the burgers were juicy and flavorful, and the mussels were outstanding. Although we live more than 40 miles away, I make my friends and family take me there at least once a month to have them. If the garlicky green beans are a side when you are there, definitely go for them!
The ambiance is funky farmhouse, very cosy/homey. We have always been warmly welcomed and well served here, so we come back again and again.

New York City, New York
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

One would think that a restaurant with the word "GRILL" in it's name would serve a fresh hamburger. Craving a juicy, flame seared burger, my husband & I headed here. The burger was obviously frozen (think Bubba) dry & dense (like a hockey puck). The bun was crumbly and not toasted. Couldn't finish it. Had to ask the waitress two times for ketchup as my food got cold. Note that there were only 2 other tables being serviced on this particular Wednesday night. We waited a very long time for our check, as the waitress was nowhere in sight. Upon leaving we noticed the wait staff sitting in the entrance area on the benches reserved for diners. I guess it was their happy hour.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Our group of 8 had a hard time finding a place in Stowe that was open for a late lunch. We landed at OGradys after a recommendation from a local. They had $5 Heady Toppers and lots of great food. The New England Clam Chowder was very ham laden, which I didn't like but my husband loved. Cheese plate was delicious and Irish Nachos were good. Someone else got the Shepard's Pie which they loved. Would go back again.

Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Food was four star but not the experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although we enjoyed the food, this just was not a great dining experience. We went there for dinner at the end of May. There were us, another man, and another couple eating. There were many more people at the bar which was way at the other end. The restaurant is rather large so we did not hear any bar noise or maybe it was drown out by the loud unpleasant music that they kept playing. The waitress had to do double duty. Although the service was decent, we couldn't be her priority.

We are "bread people". We enjoy having a nice roll or piece of bread before we eat. They serve neither bread nor rolls at this restaurant. After our meals were served, my husband asked about rolls. The waitress said that she could give him some toasted bread. He said no. The waitress did return a few minutes later with a warm roll for him that she said she had found.

The waitress served us warm water. She did bring us a glass of iced when we said that the water was warm. At the end of the meal, she diid give each of is glass of water filled with ice when we asked for them.

The food was very good. My husband had the lamb shepherd's pie which was very tasty. I had a reuben sandwich which was also very tasty. I was able to have a salad as a side.

We would go back because we did enjoy the food and because the lamb shepherd's pie is not an entree that we have ever found before. But after eating at three very nice Stowe restaurants the previous three nights, this one just did not measure up as a memorable dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
“Stick with the Drinks......”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We Stopped here for a quick bite and beer. Wish We Never ate there. We each had 2 Beers and Shared the Irish Nachos. The Nachos were Horrible, cheese wasn't melted. The sauce they give you for them(Franks Hot Sauce) Come on Now?? The Bartender and Owner seemed Nice Enough. Place was a little Loud, We would go back for a Beer. Never to Eat Again!!!!