All reviews hot tub indoor pool french toast homemade muffins cookies ski club room was clean and comfortable home fries inn keepers would stay here again included breakfast great place to stay stayed for one night main building great hosts visiting stowe each morning
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

I selected this hotel based on price and great reviews of a hot breakfast. The hotel was decent but could use some updating. I wouldn't say my room was dirty, but I also wouldn't say it was spotless. I found it odd that the walkway from the lobby to the rooms was a small bridge over the pool. I could hear people opening and closing doors and walking through the hallway but it was quiet once evening hit. Breakfast was just okay but my biggest complaint about it was that it doesn't start until 8:00. I planned on starting out early to get a lot of sites in that day. Since breakfast wasn't until 8, I actually left the hotel before breakfast to get a few items checked off my agenda then later went back by to get breakfast. While it was nice to have a warm breakfast, the selection was not that superb. The front desk was very helpful and answered all my questions and even had suggestions of things to see/do in Stowe.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank noel_neptune
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

This was a great stay! The hosts were great and very friendly! We found our room to be clean and ready (mind you we arrived late haha)

I skipped over the breakfast included part and had planned out a breakfast spot for the next am but decided to stick by and eat in. Breakfast was clearly made in house by the owners and the muffins and scones were great!

I would definitely stay again!

1  Thank Cleanlimited
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We stayed here from a Sunday-Wednesday. Everything was awesome. Room was super clean, the pool area was clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast that was included was delicious and there are plenty of choices! Would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Discolemonade03
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We stayed at the Northern Lights Lodge couple of weeks ago for two nights. I am glad that I booked & stayed there based on the other traveler's reviews. The place is indeed very reasonably priced when compared to other lodges in the area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. And the hot breakfast buffet was excellent. My son still can't stop talking about the bacon he had from there!!

I had left behind my vanity bag at the inn and did not realize it until I was back home. Mike, the innkeeper, graciously mailed the bag and its contents to me as soon I informed them. Even though I offered to reimburse them for the mailing, he refused and send it to me. Thank you Mike!!

We would definitely stay there again...

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TravelB2016mdaz
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Stayed here for a couple of days during our latest family road trip. The lodge was conveniently located, clean and very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great (especially the "scones"). We will be staying here again when in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family