Finding a cheap, decent place in Stowe can be difficult if you haven't planned ahead (which we hadn't). We obtained a room in the main building for just under $100 (taxes included) and were only there for one very brief evening. The hallways are tired, spare and pretty uninspiring. I was a bit concerned that the outside doors were not locked so anyone could enter the building.
We got back to our room at 2 a.m. and could hear a TV blaring as we walked down the hallway, it turned out to be the room next to ours...luckily it wasn't as loud sounding in our room and we were so exhausted it didn't keep us up. I'm sure if we had contacted the Innkeeper he would have handled it as he had been very helpful with everything else we asked about but we were just too tired ourselves to deal with it.
We were looking for a cheap room and the earlier reviews about the great breakfast is what got me to chose Northern Lights. While there was lots of food I was disappointed in the quality. I'm guessing the scrambled eggs were powdered, there was white texas-style french toast w/fake maple syrup, paper-thin bacon, sausage, coffee, tea, several juices, granola and tiny chocolate chip scones that tasted like a cookie with too much sugar. I would have liked to have had some yogurt with the granola, some fresh fruit....and real maple syrup.
If I needed a cheap room again, while I would try to sample another place, if I couldn't find anything I would go back again. Overall it is a cheap, clean, basic place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Lights Lodge is family owned and operated and located on the mountain road in Stowe. We are the closest affordable hotel to Mount Mansfield and the Stowe Mountain Resort. We are just minutes away from many great dining options and activities. Our amenities include a seasonal outdoor pool, heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and game room. In the summer, both kids and adults enjoy playing in or lounging along the banks of the west branch river, located directly behind the Lodge. All of our rates include a hot country breakfast daily. We hope to welcome you to the Lodge soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Northern Lights Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Lights Hotel Stowe
- Northern Lights Stowe
- Northern Lights Lodge Stowe, Vermont