“Over the top”

West Branch Gallery & Sculpture Park
Ranked #20 of 65 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: West Branch Gallery & Sculpture Park is an indoor/outdoor art space committed to promoting exceptional contemporary art in varied media by emerging and mid-career artists. The thoughtful selection and exhibition of art and a respect for artists and collectors are gallery hallmarks. The gallery and sculpture park provide the space and atmosphere to experience art in a peaceful environment.West Branch Gallery & Sculpture Park provides comprehensive services in art consultation, acquisition, site evaluation, and installation. Located beside the West Branch of the Little River, the sculpture grounds and gallery are open to the public Tuesday through Sunday. Private consultations are available. Inquiries are welcome.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

As a sculptor my self I found the grounds, sculpture ans paintings better than most major cities and art centers. Go and take some time to dwell a while, in rich yourself.

1  Thank Michael S

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just loved it. They have sculptures on their property, but also along a trail leading to an absolutely gorgeous river. I just wanted to keep on walking, trying to find other pieces of art!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I lived in Stowe, for many years until recently, and this is by far the best, most sophisticated, most "urban", cutting edge gallery in Stowe. As artists themselves, Terri and Chris do a wonderful job both as curators, and as administrators and organizers. I am not an artist or art critic, but
you will find an eclectic mix of styles and genres in a attractive setting, both in the indoor gallery and the outdoor sculpture park. I always find something beautiful and fascinating there. Highly recommended

2  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Beautiful creations! Take the path and keep going...you will end up at a roaring river....and along this path hidden in the brush are random sculptures, very cool !

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've been visiting The West Branch Gallery and Sculpture Park for over 8 years now, but it has only been in the recent two years that I have come to know the artist-owners, Chris Curtis and Tari Swenson. They are both so very kind, down-to-earth, immensely generous, and uber gracious. I am energetically drawn to and awed by their work. I LOVE Chris's robust and grounding metal and stone sculptures, especially "Persephone Returning"; the sculpture that hangs from a tree branch in the form of a large metal shard piercing a stone- I don't know its name, but it's magnificent; and "Luna's Disk", my all-time favorite large piece. Tari's work holds space for timelessness and reflection- some, washed in a dimension of joyfulness, playfulness and song; as in the two pieces, "Etude for Spring I" and "Etude for Spring II" that I enjoy every day. Tari and Chris throw a great party, too. They host opening shows for other artists featured at their gallery. These gatherings have allowed me to experience art with friends and the artists and learn. If you're a local, like me, or a visitor, gift yourself at the West Branch Gallery and Sculpture Park.

1  Thank ThistledownVermont