Butler House Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$142
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$112
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$160
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$259
$189
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$329
Official Site
  • Pool
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$161
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$189
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$438
$345
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$318
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 12, 2015

Buyer beware. This place is a total dump.We drove up and turned around and went back home, very disappointed. (400 miles roundtrip)

On top of that, they had the audacity to charge us full price of the room, after we cancelled, and we didn't even step foot in the joint. Don't be scammed like we were.

(their cancellation fee is $179 but we were charged $208.)

PS We took photos, see below!

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bettina L
Reviewed September 10, 2015

We stayed here because other lodgings were not available. We arrived after 8pm. The driveway was a dirt road with large ruts. Front porch had a broken down rocking chair and an air compressor. Enter and view so many stuffed dirty bears and such rundown conditions that you know you should immediately sprint out the door. The owner once located (we waited at least 10-15 minutes) was impaired (alcohol). He asked for my credit card. I explained I had booked through Priceline. He became angry. I asked to see the room first and he became more aggressive but grudgingly showed us the room saying.... "you will be charged whether you wanna stay or not". The room was deplorable but at that point my husband felt we could just manage the situation for one night. So we decided make the best of it and paid. I will say the printed sheets did appear to be clean. The carpets were heavily soiled. No way anyone would want to walk around barefoot. The bathroom.... wow... owner showed us how to work the shower since the handle was not working properly. Somehow he failed to show us the mouse feces under the sink. Went to open the cabinet to retrieve a roll of toilet paper and the cabinet was riddled with mouse feces. We were in room 4. I just sat on the bed and cried...I had never experienced such terrible accommodations and I am reasonable/non-fussy type person. Did not sleep a wink just waiting for little critters to hop up the bed but that did not happen...thankfully. In retrospect we should have just slept in our car... far away from this filthy hovel.

Room Tip: My best tip: Never even consider this rundown sorry excuse for an "Inn".
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank theresac578
Reviewed August 15, 2015 via mobile

I reserved a room last night for the Bears Lair Inn in Stowe, VT. This was my first trip to Stowe and I was imaging a nice, quaint experience. The Inn was very dirty, it stunk of dampness and mildew and the room suggested for us had a giant water stain on the ceiling above the bed. I politely informed Bill the proprietor that we would not be staying there. He raised his voice, demanded my credit card to bill me full charge for first night and actually approached me physically. I suggested that my companion wait outside as I feared for her safety. I apologized to Bill for the inconvenience and his yelling increased. I apologized again and he informed me he was going to run my credit card again. I reminded him I was not authorizing this and would dispute the charge of he did so. He then loudly proclaimed to my face that he "hoped I died" and then hurled additional insults about being from Maine.

This is the single most shocking hotel/inn experience I have ever had. I will be filing formal complaints with the VT Better Business Bureau and the local hotel association. I have already advised the booking agent of the problem.

Absolutely horrible. Stay away.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
6  Thank soport717
Reviewed August 2, 2015

When I read the other reviews, I could not believe the ratings you gave this lodge.

We booked a lodge with Expedia but for whatever reason they didn't know we were coming and we were desperate. We were sent next door to Bears Lair where we were charged $30 more than the rate given on Booking and Expedia and then the fellow added $19. We were stuck and took it despite the fact that we were not liking what we saw. The outside is very run down although it looks like something is being done. Entering, it smelled stale and the floor was not exactly clean. It was cluttered and there were just too many bears everywhere. Upstairs there were two fire exits. I breathed a sigh of relief until I was told not to use the doors because I would fall two stories. Old house, wood construction and one escape = not good. The fellow told me we got breakfast but we would have to be patient because he was not expecting to be full. We did not make it down to breakfast so I cannot comment on that. We got one bath towel and one hand towel for two of us and I do not think the bedspread had been cleaned for some time. My husband cleaned the cobwebs from the ceiling in the bathroom and when showering the tap came off in his hand. Luckily he had a screwdriver and he was able to fix it. Internet was good at the lodge.

This place is in a great spot and if someone would put some energy into updating, de-cluttering and cleaning, they could probably do well.

Room Tip: If you worry about fire, choose a room in the motel next door owned by the same person.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KBN_Guelph
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Stayed with a friend at the Bears Lair inn on the Mountain Road in the resort town of Stowe, Vermont one night last weekend. All the other hotels on the mountain road were booked with a couple of exceptions, all of which were $250 or more per night. Booked a room at a much more reasonable price and had the wonderful benefit of spending time with the on-site owner. He cared about his property, he went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and, most importantly, he joined us and another hotel guest whom we just met for a cocktail in a nice outdoor setting at the Inn on a beautiful summer Vermont evening. The hotel was a great value, the value of spending an evening with a man who had owned the hotel for 25 years and was willing to go out of his way to make a guest he had never met before comfortable - priceless.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the second floor with a staircase.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends