“Sooooo Disappointed!!!!!”

Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Lodge many times, and have enjoyed wonderful breakfasts in their dining room. In the past, you could get the continental breakfast buffet for a price or get a hot breakfast at an additional cost which also included the continental buffet. The food was always really great. This trip, however, this was not the case at all. They changed the continental breakfast buffet to a hot breakfast buffet that includes bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, and eggs. If you do not want the buffet, you can order off the menu but it does not include the cold items on the buffet like the granola, fruit, pastries, cheeses, etc., as it use to. Since we enjoy these items, we opted to try the hot breakfast buffet. I cannot emphasize how terrible it was!!!! We literally sat around waiting for the kitchen to refill items (not for a short time either), and the food was awful. The scrambled eggs were like soup, and the pancakes were dry and pasty. My husband and I have ALWAYS visited the Lodge for breakfast, even when not staying there. We have brought many family members there to enjoy breakfast as well. However, this was definitely our last visit, unless it changes. Also, the cost of the hot breakfast buffet is an absolute rip off at $20 a person, for what it was. Sooooo Disappointed!!!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

As a person who only eats chicken and fish, I was happy to see a vegetarian meal on the menu. It was exceptional. The staff were great and the view from my table was breath taking

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Ambiance is what you expect in an expensive place. Nice Mt. view, excellent wait staff. There were 3 of us. Two had the schnitzel while one had the Lamb Cheek. The schnitzel was a very large portion, but was excellent. The Lamb Cheek was not as good. The mushroom Cappuccino & Ravioli appetizers were very good. Along with 1 drink each the bill came to $200. including tip. Better have deep pockets when you eat here.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate in the Lounge but off the dining room menu. My husband's veal cheek sauerbraten was the best of the three dishes our table tried. The wienerschnitzel was just ok, though the portion was huge. My duck was nicely prepared. We had an amazing apple strudel though that was light and flaky and just scrumptious.

I think this is a great place to come for a solid meal, but I would probably not choose it for special occasion. The dining room gives off the ambience of a hotel dining room, though the setting outside is pretty. Since it's dark, it would not matter. The wait staff was attentive though and for our first evening in Stowe, it did the trick.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

You will want to make sure you have $150 for lunch for three adults, and much more for dinner, before even stepping foot in this dining room. There is nothing else at the top of the mountain, so it's alluring to "eat in" and enjoy the Trapp ambiance and view. But you may regret it, as I did. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. The meats were fatty, both at lunch and dinner. The one glass of wine we ordered didn't come until we were almost finished with our meal. The waiter, who said he's worked there for 10 years, couldn't pronounce the food and stumbled through the whole explanation, which he read from a notepad. The bread basket was bad, not to be picky. but these are all signs of a nice restaurant. This restaurant is past its prime, and now rests squarely on its laurels.