“special”

Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I found the meal and the atmosphere/location to be neat. Service was outstanding. My wife is a very picky eater but even she was pleased. I found the food to be very flavorful, well prepared and inspiring. Location is very special. The only drawbacks were parking is somewhat distant and i found decor to be somewhat bland and generic. I was pleased with the overall experience

There are newer reviews for Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food at the dining room was average, and in my opinion needed some flavoring. Seems chefs were spice adverse. The desserts were the most enjoyable component. Also found it odd that I needed to ask for coffee with dessert or it would never have been brought.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I see some mixed reviews but overall the sunday brunch worked for us. There was a nice selection in the buffet, an omlette station, carving station, fruit and dessert tables. The atmosphere was nice and our waitress was a local who was very pleasant. You pay for the name and the location but I didn't feel taken advantage of. If you are looking for a very nice setting and are willing to pay the price then give it a try. I intend to do it again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

the wait staff are hostile ( you are their rich enemy and they are poor working folks ) and the food is overpriced , cold , and microwaved
at the mornign openign of their freakfst buffet,all the food was laready cool
The waitress supressed knowledge of an a la carte breakfast menu and was annoyed at having to do naythign extra, like getting some butter
All the meats at dinner had been microwaved to death for pricey entrees and appetizers

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had the Wiener Schnitzel and Jim had the duck breast with duck sausage. Both dinners were excellent, but the duck plate is too brown, there was nothing to contrast the duck, sausage, roasted potatoes and squash. The spaetzle with the Schnitzel is authentic and tender. The atmosphere is pleasant, even though there were several large parties. The wine list has grown over the years to be a respectable selection from around the world. Our service was spotty, the waiters seemed to switch off and we were served our entree by a third person. The consequences of this trading meant that we got bread and butter late, glasses were not refilled promptly and we were not offered ground pepper because our two main waiters didn't show up until almost dessert.