“Delicious food, excellent service in spacious restaurant”

Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2012

All our dishes were wonderful. Tasty from fresh ingredients and great presentation. The duck leg confit appetizer was of excellent taste and big enough to share. For main dishes the Veal Schnitzel with Spätzles was tender and juicy. It came garnished with fresh vegetables. The sea scallops were big and tender, and came on top of a tasty polenta. Unfortunately, we have no room left for dessert. Our son try the homemade icecream, which he liked very much.

Room
The restaurant has plenty of space within tables and it is very nicely decorated

The service was prompt, efficient and cordial.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Spectacular views, wonderful service, great beer and of course sensational food of course what more could you ask for? The ambiance combined with the breath taking scenic views is almost enough to make the trip here from anywhere. We of course made our way through the menu not wanting to miss a thing. The duck confit was amazing. And the wiener schnitzel was about the best I have every had. Thank you to the chef and wonderful staff for one of my top dining experiences. A must try and we will of course return!!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We went up to the Dining Room at The Trapp Family Lodge earlier this week and enjoyed an amazing dinner! The tuna melted in my mouth-delicious! Every course was presented beautifully and created perfectly. Try the Chef's Tasting Menu! From the first sip of wine to the last bite of dessert, we enjoyed every bite! Highly recommended! Very talented Chef! Excellent service - will return!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I was staying in my timeshare for the week, but wanted a special meal for my birthday without worrying about drinking and driving, so I ate in the dining room. Was seated at a window table per my reservation request and enjoyed looking out at the lights in the trees. Viener schnitzel was great, vegetables nice and crisp, spaetzle cooked perfectly. This was a generous portion, and after attending the wine tasting in the late afternoon, I didn[t need an appetizer. Service was friendly and prompt. Not too many people in dining room at that hour (6 pm). If you're a timeshare owner, there is a 10% discount for a la carte dinners on Monday and Tuesday nights (this was a Wednesday).

1  Thank CatyRay
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Everything here was great. Be sure to try the beef brisket. The cattle are raised on property. Also the brewery onsite makes some great beers.