“Excellent food, excellent service, pleasant ambiance, friendly management”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Foxfire Inn and Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second visit, the first since Foxfire did their renovations in April. Gone is the "whiff of mildew." I think the food is a tad better than last time--which is to say, the food that we ordered was terrific! The garlic and olive oil dressing on their bread sticks beckoned us to seconds, and our server anticipated as such--she offered to bring us more! The flavor and texture of their tomato sauce was just right--not too acidic or spicy. The lasagna was moist and not overcooked. The seafood linguine had a delicate seafood taste to the sauce, and was filled with clams, in addition to shrimp, mussels, and scallops. Our daughter is a "pasta" expert, and gave hers kudos. Our daughter was the only one to have room for dessert. The mousse came as a formed dessert rather than in a glass. And it was Good! Very delicate and rich flavor. The server was attentive and friendly, and not intrusive--our definition of a great server! After we arrived home the manager called to say we had accidentally left an insurance card, and he volunteered to mail it to us! Now that's service--and he was so pleasant about it.
Do you like an unassuming and quietly pleasant atmosphere? An Italian restaurant that really knows how to cook Italian food? Excellent service?
This is the place! Mange!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a wonderful meal here while on a business trip. I was alone, but the staff was so warm and friendly that I had a wonderful time. The restaurant itself is very warm and cozy. I had the most delicious chicken stuffed with goat cheese and figs and a nice brown sauce over it. It was pure heaven. I have searched other places for a dish similar, but have never found one that compares. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a business, family or intimate dinner.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

What a pleasant surprise as this was our first visit to Stowe! Intimate setting, attentive service and outstanding food. The PIE mussels are a must; the cream sherry sauce could be a meal in itself! My wife had the chicken rapieano, and I had the shrimp fritti, both outstanding! Drinks and dessert for both of us, and all for under 100 dollars!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

For the last twenty plus years we have visited Stowe, VT and having dinner at the Foxfire is a must.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I guess I went here with higher expectations based on so many rave reviews...
Apparently, we hold dining out to a different standard...I really wanted to give this a 2 and 1/2 star rating, but that wasn't an option...
We ordered 2 apps, calamari, and mozzarella sticks (our younger son likes those)...sub par at best...calamari was frozen not fresh, and you could taste it..the mozzarella sticks, were 2, that's right TWO triangles for 7 bucks, and, well, were ok...
We each ordered a dish with chicken, piccata, parm, and alfredo...it was basic chicken 101...nothing awful, but nothing great...alfredo sauce tasted like it was out of a jar...piccata and parm were ok, and were served with the tiniest amount of pasta! kind of funny...we all commented on it!
the meal came to $96.90 (1 glass of red wine each...total of 2)
could've gotten this food at any sub/pizza shop
very overpriced, very disappointed...

2  Thank mackytack