“Best dinner we can remember!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Foxfire Inn and Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
lunenburg, massachusetts
“Best dinner we can remember!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of other guests at the b&b where we were staying and it was one of the best Italian meals we have had. The atmosphere was certainly lacking and reminded us of grandma's outdated, wallpapered dining room, but if you are not snobby about appearances and want a gret meal, this is the place. The bread was hot and delicious. I had chicken rice soup that was great. For dinner, I went simple with a small plate of linguini with house sauce and meatball. It was excellent, I wanted to ask if they had jars of the sauce for sale to bring home. Husband has lasagna and also said it was the best he ever had.

• Visited January 2013

USA
“Delicious Italian dinner”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The breadsticks are to die for. The pasta is freshly cooked to order, and they will 'tweak' your dish if you cannot have certain things. I am gluten free, so they were able to work around that no problem and my dish was flavorful, freshly made, and yum yum. Service was excellent.

Visited October 2012
“Don't do it”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Bad food , and a thrift store atmosphere. Good place to bring a 90 year old. If you like eggplant parm this place is for you. I would rather have some chef Boyardee out of the can, cold.

halesowen
“Excellent Italian”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

we stayed at the Foxfire inn for 2 nights and had planned to dine there on the first night and in Stowe on the second night but the food was so good we ate there both evenings. The menu i
offers a good selection of Italian meals and on both night the quality of the food could not be faulted, the restaurant had a atmosphere and was full on both nights.

Visited October 2012
Groton, Massachusetts
“Rehearsal dinner was wonderful at Foxfire Inn, Stowe, Vermont”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

In October, 2012 my husband and I hosted a wedding rehearsal dinner the evening before my son's wedding. There were 16 of us and we fit perfectly in the cozy front dining room. We had two waitstaff devoted to us and they were extremely attentive. Everyone enjoyed their appetizers and dinners very much and we were very impressed that all the meals arrived closely together and at the proper temperature. Innkeepers Bob and Kate made sure the fireplace was lit prior to our arrival and the overall lighting in the room was lovely. A bonus was a living room next door, connected to our dining room, with comfortable living room furniture and a rocking chair so guests could spread out and enjoy conversation. I highly recommend Foxfire Inn for your next gathering or dinner in the Stowe, Vermont area!

• Visited October 2012