“Good Italian food near Stowe village”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Foxfire Inn and Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Hadn't been here for about 20 years, and it was the same pleasant experience. Six of us were happy with their meals. Three had eggplant parmigiana, one had lasagna, one had salmon, and mine was chicken parmigiana. Generous portions and affordable. Salad or soup was extra. No choice for salad dressing. Two friends had baked onion soup which was very good. We decided to go to the Village Malt Shop for dessert. Service was good and quick, We spent only an hour and a half in the restaurant. One of the couples had a bad experience with an overnight stay in the winter (cold rooms, noisy) and wouldn't go back, but they were the ones who recommended the restaurant for their farewell event.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

As a gluten-free, dairy-free vegetarian, I'm quite used to eating very boring things on trips - particularly at Italian restaurants! But when I told the owner here about my dietary restrictions, he very kindly told me that they'd be happy to come up with something special for me. I wound up having a impressive plate with seasoned vegetables, quinoa, and arugula, and it was absolutely delicious. I feel certain that it rivaled anything they had on their menu (though my mom's grilled salmon looked and smelled and apparently tasted wonderful too). Everyone was very considerate; people checked on me quite frequently to make sure I was happy with my meal. And of course, the general ambiance was just as friendly; the decor, lovely. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Food was so much better than expected. Had Italian and really enjoyed it!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Was looking for a good italian food restaurant on our visit to Stowe and tried Foxfire. Saw some wonderful dishes as we walked to our table, so our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. I tried the Italian version of baked onion soup ( with Marsala ) and it was terrific even though my wife thought I was crazy for ordering hot soup on an 80 degree day. My seafood linguine was excellent, full of scallops, shrimp, mussels and clams. My wife's chicken florentine looked great and tasted better. Service was friendly and attentive even on a busy Saturday night, so we were thoroughly impressed. Was too full to order dessert, so no comments forthcoming on the desserts.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

What a special treat it was to go to the Foxfire for dinner on Mother's Day and our Anniversary. We made reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival.
We lived in the area for about 5 years and went the the Foxfire on a regular basis.
We now live an hour plus away and sadly only get to dine here about twice a year now.
We ordered the Caesar Salad, Crostini Caprese and a special appetizer Eggplant Rollotini to get started. All three were fresh and flavorful. The bread sticks were freshly made, hot out of the oven and melted in our mouths and were as delicious as always!
Then came the main course of our absolute favorite entrees, Chicken Francese and Chicken Parmigiana. Both of these meals were perfectly prepared and absolutely fabulous.
The server was very attentive and promptly took care of our every need.
This is without a doubt the best Italian restaurant in Vermont.
We had the most amazing meal and need to think about making the trip more frequently.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience.