“Not impressed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hubby and I ate here our first night in Stowe. I have to say I was not impressed with the buffet. It was getting later in the evening and we certainly got food that had been sitting there for a while. I made the decision to go there based on the fact that they had hand-carved prime rib. After asking several people for someone to come cut me a slice, a woman who said she'd never done it before cut me a half-slice that was more than well-done. Prime rib should only ever be served medium rare! I do have to say that the service was excellent which makes sense as there was only one other party in the restaurant besides us. Very disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Lighthouse Bar & Grill

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We ate here for Christmas dinner based on the menu they provided on Stowe.com. When we arrived the menu was completely different than what was offered, at that point we had no other choice but to eat here. The food was extremely basic, with only 2 pieces of vegetables offered with the meat. The food was not very good and the vegetable were severely undercooked. Overall the experience was extremely disappointing, especially being a Christmas meal. To add to the poor experience they include a 15% service charge on the bill so you don't get a choice about the tip, which if we had are way would have been minimal based on the poor experience and the food. I would definitely tell people to stay away from here there are plenty of real nice places to eat within the same price range- e.g. Gracies and Charlie Bs.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Unimpressive and basic. I would only visit if it was included in my stay. Two dinners were included in our package, and after talking to other guests, we opted out of the free food to go somewhere else.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on Xmas day and where very disappointed. The vegetables weren't cooked properly and the food served was not what was advertised on the internet when we booked. It was like a school cafeteria and not a nice one. Don't eat here.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went for the buffet which is good, you won't go hungry, just an experience, do it just for the laugh!